Senior HR Manager, Business Services
- DLA Piper
- HR Generalist, HR Manager
- Job Level
- Legal, Professional Services
- Contract type
We are recruiting an International Senior HR Manager to partner with Business Services Functional leaders to develop, lead and execute upon the organisation and people agenda across the International firm. You will understand the DLA Piper business strategy and as a trusted advisor help to build its leadership and talent priorities to support business imperatives at the same time as building strong relationships that provide both support and challenge.
Occasional international travel is a requirement of this role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as a single point of contact for the international management teams across the Business Support areas of the Firm.
- Builds strong business relationships with the internal clients and works closely with leadership team members to develop and deliver against a business aligned people plan.
- Leads the leadership & talent management agenda for the Business Support areas.
- Works in partnership with the country based HR teams, to proactively oversee and support the delivery of the HR calendar, ensuring consistency of approach and to coordinate and consolidate to build an international picture.
- Provides coaching to line managers to encourage effective communication & objective problem resolution.
- Participates in the implementation of specific projects, taking a lead role where appropriate, to help align the workforce to the strategic goals of the Firm.
- Actively identifies gaps, proposes and implements changes necessary to address people risks.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Proven ability to build and maintain credibility with senior business clients in a complex matrix structure.
- Significant Human Resources experience, across all core areas of HR - workforce planning, recruitment, reward, performance management, learning & development, talent management and change.
- Good working knowledge of employment law, procedures and processes and proven experience in managing complex cases through to conclusion, balancing the needs of the business and the individual.
- Previous experience of working internationally and delivering through virtual teams is desirable.
- Demonstrable success in developing and supporting line managers through change.
- Strong consulting, stakeholder management, influencing and communication skills.
- Good level of commercial awareness and business acumen.
- Working collaboratively across the HR Operating Model to deliver agreed business outcomes.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment to you and where local legislation permits, we may conduct pre-employment screening that can include checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.