HR Business Advisor
- DLA Piper
- HR Generalist
- Job Level
- Adviser / Executive / Officer
- Legal, Professional Services
- Contract type
We are recruiting the HR Business Advisor to support the achievement of business and people objectives within the Firm, by providing a client focused service. Assisting line managers and our people through professional, commercial and pragmatic HR advice and support.
Occasional travel within the UK is a requirement of this role. Whilst the role is officially based in the Manchester office, the HR Business Advisor will also manage the Liverpool office under North West umbrella.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides the primary source of line manager advice and guidance on HR related policies and practices
- Provides coaching to line managers to encourage effective communication & objective problem resolution
- Partners with line managers to manage employee relations casework
- Keeps HR Business Partners updated with case work activity within their practice groups/offices, highlighting risks and issues
- Proactively identifies themes/trends arising from casework and operational activities, completes root cause analysis and develops solutions
- Supports HR Business Partners in the delivery of people projects and HR calendar activities
- Continuously monitors and reviews HR policies and processes and proposes changes where necessary, working with specialist areas and GSC (Global Service Centre)
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Basic level of understanding and experience in Human Resources Management across all core areas of HR - recruitment, reward, performance management, learning & development, talent management
- Good working knowledge of UK employment law, procedures and processes and proven experience in managing cases through to conclusion, balancing the needs of the business and the individual
- Good stakeholder management, influencing and communication skills
- Good organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Professional qualification (CIPD or equivalent) is desirable
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment to you and where local legislation permits, we may conduct pre-employment screening that can include checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.