HR Officer with L&D
- Oakleaf Partnership
- City of London, London
- £35000 - £40000 per annum
- HR Adviser, HR Officer, Learning & Development
- Job Level
- Adviser / Executive / Officer
- Banking / Finance & Insurance
- Contract type
A City based leading provider of specialist insurance, investment and financial support services. They are looking to hire a HR Officer who will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative requirements of the HR department, and assist the Group HR Manager with all HR operations and advisory services to the business. The role will have a strong focus on L&D initially in order to fully integrate a learning and development function.
Learning and Development
- Liaising with the Group HRM to create a fully integrated learning and development function that satisfies the Group needs. Identifying education and learning providers, review staff training needs and supporting continual development.
- Handling ER Up to disciplinary and grievance level, working with the Group HRM and escalating where necessary. Note taking when required
- Managing the Joiners/Movers/Leavers process and related procedures.
- Advice and administration of with policy and introduction of new policies and processes.
- Managing the leavers process.
- Compile Maternity/ Paternity and Adoptive paperwork.
- Completing reference letters.
- Assisting with the co-ordination and monitoring of the performance management process.
- Taking ownership of junior level recruitment lifecycle, including; advertising roles, interviews, assisting line managers with decision making where appropriate and agreeing terms with recruitment agencies
- Manage effective induction process.
- Working closely with Compliance for F&P and SM&CR requirements.
- Manage the probation period for new hires to ensure all documentation is completed before passing probation.
- On-boarding of all new staff (including apprentices, interns and FTC).
- Ownership of HR projects aimed at improving ways of working and service provided to the business.
General HR Administration
- Advising managers and staff on HR policies and procedures
- Assist with monthly payroll collation and queries.
- Assist with the management of company benefit schemes.
- Manage the HRIS (PeopleHR), arrange training and identifying ways to improve use of the system.
- CIPD qualified (Level 3 minimum)
- Two - Five years work experience in a similar position ideally within Financial Services
- Experience of creating a fully integrated learning & development function
- Knowledge of employment related legislation.
- Extremely high attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Pro-active and self-motivated.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines.
- High level of numeracy.
- Ability to deal effectively and confidently with management and staff members at all levels.
- Able to use the Microsoft office suite to an intermediate level.
Flexibility, a CAN DO attitude, a hands on approach as well as acting confidentially and working discreetly is essential in this role. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a broad HR role where they will have a lot of autonomy in a small team.