Learning & Development Manager
- Norton Rose Fulbright
- Learning & Development
- Job Level
- Legal, Professional Services
- Contract type
The Learning and development department provide business skills, personal and management development courses/programmes which are available to partners, associates, business services staff and secretaries globally. These are delivered by our in-house learning and development team to help meet the strategic objectives. The training is designed and delivered based on acknowledged best practice and the latest thinking in management, leadership, business development and personal effectiveness as well as blending knowledge and understanding of the firm’s culture, values and procedures to provide training that is relevant to the work undertaken in the firm.
The team also provides open courses, coaching and customised sessions to individuals, teams and groups. A variety of teaching and learning methods including presentations, case studies, role plays and video and forum theatre are used to ensure that peoples’ different learning styles are catered for. We also provide training to the clients of the firm.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Participate fully in developing and implementing approaches to enhance the skills of our people across the full spectrum of partners, associates and business services staff worldwide
- Design and deliver performance development/business skills learning and development programmes and revise our existing portfolio as appropriate
- Assist in the delivery of our career structure compulsory development programmes (‘International academies’) in London and internationally as required
- Undertake learning and development initiatives to support the implementation of Norton Rose’s Strategy in relation to Key Clients, IBGs and Headlight Campaigns
- Undertake needs analyses, produce project plans, conduct associated research and deliver on improvement projects for teams/departments as required. To participate fully in the activities of the Learning and Development team and the wider HR team and work closely with other business services teams (including across International offices) as required
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested
Skills and Experience Required
- An experienced trainer, ideally with experience in a professional services environment
- An excellent presenter - engaging, articulate, facilitative, sensitive and structured
- An experienced instructional system design (ISM) practitioner with experience in designing both classroom and bespoke business skill programmes
- Interest in and knowledge of management in theory and in practice
- Client focused - understands the needs of the learner and how to make ideas practical and relevant; manages stakeholder relationships effectively
- Outwardly and inwardly confident - assertive in giving feedback and accepting feedback given to you; self-aware and willing to learn
- Project management experience - scopes, plans, implements and closes effectively; goal orientated
- Organisationally savvy - understands the organisational environment and navigates successfully within it
- Creativity and innovation - ability to look at problems from different angles
- Solution-orientated, persistent and determined
- Collaborative - works effectively with and through people
- Commercially aware - understands the economic environment and market trends
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Practiced as a solicitor (desirable)
- European language skills (desirable)
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE – we will not accept speculative CV’s, or any associated terms, sent to the business unless otherwise requested.