Global Mobility Advisor - 6 Month FTC
- Norton Rose Fulbright
- Global Mobility
- Job Level
- Adviser / Executive / Officer
- Legal, Professional Services
- Contract type
The Global Mobility Advisor is responsible for managing international assignments from start to finish (including managing our internal mobility tracker), and managing the relationships with global mobility vendors.
Reporting to the Head of Reward, Wellbeing and Global Mobility, this role will work alongside the Senior Advisor : Reward, Pensions and Wellbeing and HR Assistant within the Reward, Benefits and Mobility Team which delivers innovative, strategic and proactive Human Resources objectives and benefits that support the business strategies of the firm.
The Global Mobility Advisor role at Norton Rose Fulbright is a key part of the wider Human Resources and Learning and Development team in London and will be expected to liaise with our International HR Managers as part of the role
- Complete all work related to inter-office assignments and international client secondments into or out of London, to provide a complete end to end service for local plus, short-term and permanent moves
- Provide guidance to International HR Managers on moves between other LLP offices as required
- Prepare and issue all relevant documentation in relation to the assignment including assignment letters with relevant enclosures, instructions to payroll
- Meet with all assignees prior to their assignment for a full briefing and maintain regular contact during their assignment and prior to their return to their home office
- Assist with initial relocation or final repatriation logistics including authorisation of appropriate relocation expenses
- Manage short-term accommodation requirements in London
- Work with HR Advisory Team in order to achieve early notification and action taken on proposed assignments
- Prepare costings for approval at Recruitment and Secondment Committee meetings
- Regularly review global mobility vendors with a view to reducing costs.
- Improve the repatriation/re-integration process for assignees returning to their home country
- Ensure the global mobility policy is adhered to by all offices.
- Ensure a process is in place to track exceptions to policy and report on associated costs
- Manage the Assignment tracker and flag upcoming arrivals and departures
- Responsible for UK immigration compliance working closely with our external immigration consultants
- Manage the relationship with our external tax consultants to ensure our assignments are tax complaint
- Potential to be involved in other projects across the Global Human Resources team
Skills and Experience Required
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of dealing with international assignments and relocations within a global organisation (or equivalent)
- A legal or professional services background is desirable but not essential
- Graduate or equivalent and ideally CIPD qualified.
- Experience of providing advice and guidance to Managers and employees on policies and procedures
- Excellent communication skills required to deal with external and internal clients at all levels
- Relationship building with partners/managers is essential
- Good IT skills (Excel, HR Information systems)
- Must present a professional, friendly and client-focused approach at all times
- Should be able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong team player
- Should be flexible in working additional hours as and when required
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE – we will not accept speculative CV’s, or any associated terms, sent to the business unless otherwise requested.