Head of Service - Human Resources & Organisational Development
HR Manager, Head of HR, Organisational Development, CIPD, Line Management, Employee Relations Casework
I am currently recruiting for a Head of Service - Human Resources & Organisational Development role based in Spalding, Lincolnshire.
Your new company
The Company provides core services, including HR, Finance, Revenues &
Benefits, ICT, Customer Contact and Health & Safety to a group of organisations on a contractual basis.
The Company is run on a shared service basis and has an integrated ('one-team') ethos.
Size & Scope of the role:
Direct line management of the HR Managers and overall responsibility for the strategic delivery and performance of HR service delivered by the HR Teams including, Payroll, training and HR admin support.
Responsible for the oversight and delivery of the companies 'people' transformation plan and implementation of a corporate people plan which delivers continuous improvement across the company.
Overall accountability for the delivery of high quality HR services to the shareholders of the company, as well as the provision of the HR service across the company.
Implement policies and procedures which improve the organisations ability to deliver its services and which focus on our most valuable assets - people.
Member of the company Senior Leadership Team and provides HR advice and guidance to the companies Head of Operations and Board as required.
Responsible for ensuring company is operating in line with legislation and for developing the 'people agenda' which increases the companies profile as an employer of choice from securing apprentices and graduates through to ensuring our current staff are provided with opportunities to secure reward, recognition, training and development.
Focused on delivery, performance and supported through strategic direction from the Head of Operations, Board, Shareholder Clients
Your new role
1. To develop the Company's strategic plans and ambitions for its HR, training, payroll, organisational development and transformation plans - this is two-fold, with a focus both on the needs of the Company and the needs of the Shareholders, through their transformation programmes.
2. To support the Clients, and/or key members of the Management Teams of the Shareholders in the delivery of a wide range of HR projects and initiatives through the place based teams.
3. To co-ordinate and manage the activities associated with HR, training, payroll, transformation and organisational development and its delivery of high quality systems and support, aligning these to the Corporate Plans of each of the Shareholders and the company.
4. To establish and ensure effective provision of services and performance for shareholders through SLA's and shareholder agreements.
5. To provide strategic leadership of all of the HR services delivered through placed based teams ensuring operational delivery, service and performance is in line with expectations
1. To oversee the delivery of service and performance provided to the Shareholder Clients through the provision of professional advice in relation to the development of plans and policy that are specific to
HR, training, payroll, and organisational development service delivery.
2. To put into place a robust process which develops and maintain policies and procedures that reflect best practice and current employment legislation.
3. To ensure that the provision of HR, training, payroll, and organisational development complies at all times with relevant legislation, the Company policies/procedures and/or the Shareholder's policies/procedures.
4. To analyse, interpret and communicate employee data, and provide related advice, including in the form of proposals and reports.
5. To diagnose and articulate opportunities, risks and issues with regards to service delivery, and to oversee the management of HR projects commissioned in response, throughout the development, testing, implementation and evaluation stages, current examples of which are:
a.Implementation of a new HR Information and Payroll System
b.Management of departmental restructures
c.Implementation of Performance Management and Appraisal Scheme
d.Supporting the transformation agendas of shareholders which includes new performance framework within the company for the HR service
6.To actively lead and manage the Company's change and transformation agenda in relation to staffing, including service reviews, all aspects of employee engagement and the creation of a culture that empowers staff to deliver exceptional services.
7.To explore and implement new and innovative delivery mechanisms through digitalisation, the use of software and applications designed to streamline administration and provide accessible services to users.
8.To proactively develop and maintain links with outside bodies to support the delivery of HR and training across the Company and Shareholders.
9. To actively promote and contribute to the development of major HR initiatives as directed by the Board and Shareholder Clients
10. To manage and monitor relevant service budgets/contract arrangements/systems/software.
11. To ensure that the Company has a strong focus on customer service and needs.
12. To manage the performance of the relevant direct reports and coaching them to high achievement through performance objectives.
13. To develop appropriate KPI's for HR service and lead the annual review of HR Service Level Agreements (SLA's) in discussions with client leads
13. To work positively, effectively and collaboratively with partner organisations for mutual benefit and to deliver the outcomes required by the Company's priorities.
14. Responsibilities will also include writing reports, attending meetings (internal and external) giving presentations, and working to tight deadlines. A flexible approach to working hours will be essential to successfully manage the demands of the role.
What you'll need to succeed
- The ideal candidate will be CIPD Qualified / Chartered member of the CIPD or equivalent level HR qualification or have evidence of equivalent learning through experience.
- Management experience within large and complex organisation. To include people management, change management, and performance management.
- Extensive knowledge of complex casework management.
- A track record of delivering service improvements and reducing service costs
- Project management of major HR initiatives
- Extensive and up-to-date knowledge of HR best practice and employment legislation.
- Ability to influence and direct senior colleagues and Members on HR related
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.