This is an exciting time for Resource Management (workforce planning) as my client builds on the professionalism of their people and work closely with the business to develop and implement business and people strategy. This Resource Management (RM) team has been centralised to assist the business in being more agile and providing the right people on the right projects at the right time.
A large globally recognised professional services organisation.
This role will be based in Birmingham and the total team size is 6. You will have strategic oversight of the deployment for approx. 600 professional staff across the Midlands region. This is not a resourcing / Recruitment manager role this is a position focused on the planning of the deployment of existing internal workforce to best support the needs of the clients this business serves.
- Manage the team by optimising headcount, manage/oversee joiners, leavers and secondments, increasing utilisation and being aware of the impact on employee engagement and development
- Be proactive in relation to the supply and demand challenges of deployment
- Utilise Management Information to bring insight for your business function by identifying trends and key risks
- Engage with a wide range of stakeholders to understand their priorities and develop strategies for execution by your team
- Work in close partnership with other key functions to ensure you are delivering in line with the firm's wider strategy
- Promote the use of key resourcing systems to enable effective and efficient resourcing
- Share knowledge and best practice with your teams to upskill and provide the best possible service to the firm
- Coach and develop members of your team and lead by example
To be considered for this position you will need to be able to demonstrate the following in recent work history:
- Deployment and Manpower Planning
- Accountable to the business for all deployment and planning
- Responsibility for setting and driving the direction for the resourcing team
- Monitoring progress regularly against goals and objectives
- Providing a strategic focus on deployment and workforce utilisation
- Driving change and project management initiatives
You will need to be:
- Strategic in this role
- have the ability to commercially optimise the profitability of the teams that are being deployed
- Have attention to detail when it comes to managing MI and spotting trends and new opportunities.
£60,000-£75,000 plus generous pension contributions, and benefits worth £6,000