Skip to main content
Back to results
This job has expired
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Service Line Group
This role can be based in either London or Manchester.
About KPMG International and the Global Resource Centre
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 154 countries and territories and have 197,263 people working in member firms around the world. KPMG International, a matrix organization, works at the global level and sets strategy, ensures consistency and provides expertise to support member firms in the achievement of their business and Employer of Choice objectives. Many global resources have been centralized at the Global Resource Centre (GRC) in Toronto. The GRC provides Marketing & Communications, Learning & Development, Procurement, Risk, Finance and IT services.
If you were the Global Chairman of KPMG, what would you be thinking?
To have a chance to work at the epicenter of KPMG’s Global thinking and to build your profile with KPMG’s most influential Global players, consider the position below. The role will allow you to witness and be part of our transformation journey and also have the unique chance to voice opinions and challenge aspects of the change. So if you are smart, curious and relish a challenge, we look forward to hearing from you.
THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
The Global CI team is one of two critical teams reporting to the Global Head of Strategy. We are tasked with providing insight into the competitive landscape to support KPMG’s executive leadership and the Global Board as they consider the most important strategic questions facing our firm.
The Global CI team is responsible for covering a wide and fascinating number of topics, for example:
• Framing our most important strategic questions as a firm and preparing leadership for action on the basis of solid analysis;
• Tracking our competitive position and the implications for our strategy (e.g. KPMG’s digital strategy)
• Analyzing key market trends and technology business disruptors to our firm (e.g. investment by current and emerging competitors, drones and audit, etc.)
• Arming our most senior partners with intelligence to win
• Formulating how we define and measure our progress against our vision
• Creating the conditions to invest in key priorities
Global CI works with senior and influential global people such as: The Global Chairman, The Global Management Team (including, the Global COO, Global Head of Sales & Markets, Global Head of People and the Global Heads of Audit/Tax/Advisory) as well as county leaders.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As a Senior Manager of Global CI you will be leading people, managing projects and deliverables, performing strategic analysis, and engaging with internal stakeholders and external service providers.
In this role you will:
• Lead the day-to-day execution of CI Projects and Deliverables (e.g. CI Board reports, Strategic CI analysis, Global Battle Cards, etc.) with support from junior team members. This includes:
o Deliver high quality insights on competition, market trends and new emerging business opportunities and threats to help Global Leadership (e.g. Global Board, Global Management Team, etc.) make more informed decisions
o Lead initiatives and innovative new approaches to CI to support Global Lead Partners in winning key pursuits
o Provide oversight of junior team members and effectively manage projects to time and scope
o Where appropriate, engage with key stakeholders, across other Global Teams and Member Firms, as well as with external and internal service providers.
• In addition to Projects and Deliverables, contribute to the ongoing development and execution of the Global CI Program towards its 2020 Vision:
o With support from and under the guidance of the Head of Global CI, lead transformation (i.e. technology, process or people related) and operational improvement initiatives within Global CI
o Where appropriate contribute to developing new and enhanced products / services for Global CI
o Collaborate with a Global Working Group of nearly 20 member firms to enhance best practices, processes and technology globally
• Provide feedback and strategic coaching to more junior team members
• Contribute to the creation of a strong “brand” for the Global CI team, developing our reputation for the highest quality, a collaborative and open approach and dedication to the enhancement of our Global Network
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• You are a top performer with broad experience working at KPMG, which will include client service delivery, business development, and project management. Functional experience in market and/ or competitive intelligence preferred
• University degree with experience in Market Research, Analytics, Consulting or relatable field. Master’s degree an asset
• Excellent business acumen, with the ability to extract key strategic insights from detailed analysis to inform strategic decision making at the highest levels of our firm
• Strong analytical skills, with the ability to break down problems into single and manageable components, as well as complex data set to parts. A high level of comfort with ambiguity and experience in “connecting the dots” across a number of themes
• Strong organizational and project management skills and ability to ‘own’ a number of tasks simultaneously, guiding other team members and delivering against tight delivery timeframes
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills – comfortable preparing communication for C-level executives, giving presentations and running workshops and training sessions, and always contributing to the debate. Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills are a must
• International experience & strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work in a diverse environment across cultures and time-zones
• Strong coaching and development skills, comfortable managing junior team members and assisting them in their development
Recognising and Motivating you
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy
UK & Eire,
HR Systems & Data Analytics
General Dental Council