Skip to main content
Back to results
This job has expired
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
Service Line Information
In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
In People and Change we specialise in organisational development, talent management, behavioural change management and optimising the HR function.
Service Line Group
The Financial Services People Consulting (FS PC) practice in the UK is growing, as we work to help companies deal with an increasingly complex world; and the FS PC team is at the forefront of this growth working with many Retail and Investment Banks, Insurance firms (Life and General) and Investment Management organisations. Our five key proposition areas are:
• HR Transformation
• Learning Solutions
• Organisational Transformation
• Risk and Conduct Change
• Workforce Transformation
We are seeking an FS PC Assistant Manager with experience of working within Banking. The individual will possess knowledge and skills in Learning and Organisation Design (OD). They must also have proven experience working on and / or leading Transformational Learning and OD work streams or projects within Banking and wider Financial Services.
The FS PC Assistant Manager will:
• Project manage client work and/or manage a single work stream within a more complex change programme
• Lead a small team of consultants, likely to include a mix of onshore and offshore team members
• Work closely with the client project manager and team members to successfully deliver project outcomes
• Provide specialist and technical input and review of others’ inputs in the design and development of learning project deliverables
• Contribute to learning and organisation design initiatives in FS PC. This may include working with key account teams to scope opportunities or help to develop proposals to meet client requirements.
The successful candidate must have some of the following experience in:
• Learning — definition of client training needs, creation of training modules, creating evaluation frameworks for training, working with instructional designers, delivering training
• Organisation Design – undertaking organisation baselining and spans and layers analysis
• Communications – stakeholder management, engagement and communication skills, both in writing and orally
• Sector knowledge – strong knowledge of the Banking sector and the challenges faced by these institutions / organisations and demonstrate strong commercial acumen
• Project management – supporting the delivery of a work stream or discrete set of deliverables
• Impact and influence - proven relationship-building and influencing skills and be a self-starter with the ability to work well with ambiguity.
Sector Knowledge and Qualifications:
• Experience of Investment Banking and Retail Banking is preferred
• Qualifications such as: CIPD, Occupational Psychology, MBA, Prince2 and Coaching would be beneficial but not essential
• Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills are essential.
Opening date: 31/05/2018
Closing date: 28/06/2018
Salary range: Salary negotiable + bonus + benefits
Recognising and Motivating you
At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities – you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients and our communities.
We’re at our best when you’re at your best; that’s why we’ve created ‘Our Deal’ and ‘The Academy’. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through ‘The Academy’, you’ll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
Applying with a disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy
At KPMG, we recognise that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand and appreciate that those with experience who have taken a career break still have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy
UK & Eire,
Assistant / Administrator /Co-ordinator
Astrum HR Search & Selection Ltd
Epson Europe BV
Manchester City Council