Senior Manager - People Consulting (Corps BCM/OD)
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
Service Line Information
In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
In People and Change we specialise in organisational development, talent management, behavioural change management and optimising the HR function.
Service Line Group
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
People Consulting is an integral part of KPMG’s Management Consultancy practice and a growing part of our business. This team help to transform the performance of organisations by changing the way people are led, managed and developed. We do this by focusing on two key areas – delivering the people agenda on large scale, complex, transformational change programmes and transforming the HR function.
We have 6 key capabilities that work across the sectors:
- Behavioural Change Management
- Human Resources Optimisation
- Organisation Design for Performance
- Talent Management
- Workforce Intelligence
- M&A / Sourcing.
We are seeking talent individuals with experience of leading the delivery of Organisational Design (OD) and/or Behavioural Change Management (BCM) solutions for our Business to Consumer (B2C) team, working closely with clients across Consumer Markets, Telecoms, Media, Technology and the Leisure industry.
Candidates should have experience and proficiency in all elements of one of the OD or BCM capabilities, and supporting experience in the other area:
- Organisational Design (OD)
- Implementation Planning – strong experience in the management and delivery of Organisational Design projects.
- State it – including: articulation of client context, strategy, value chain and aspirations.
- Shape it – including: collation of baseline and analysis, design principles and future state options.
- See it – including: detailed design, workforce transition strategy and role impact assessment.
- Sustain it – including: Rollout workforce transition plan, manage future state organisation go-live and monitor effectiveness of future state organization design
- OD to TOM integration – An ability to deploy OD methods in an end to end TOM design, linking the OD, Capability and Governance layers to; Business / Customer Strategy, Location, Asset, Process and Technology.
- Behavioural Change Management (BCM)
- Implementation Planning – strong experience in the management and delivery of BCM projects.
- Make it Known – including: business case for change, culture assessment, stakeholder analysis, change risk assessment, comms & engagement strategy,
- Make it Real – including: change impact assessment, training needs analysis, change leadership, change approach and plan
- Make it Happen – including: business readiness assessment, drive change interventions and organisational alignment, measure change
- Make it Stick – including: sustain change, align Talent and HR policies and measure outcomes against vision
- BCM in Transformation – Experience of leading the BCM workstream as part of a business or functional transformation is highly desired. BCM in support of technology implementation is also desired.
This is a high profile role within the team, requiring a balance of business development / sales origination and client delivery.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Lead the delivery of high quality client project work and complex change programmes
- Work closely with the leadership in People and Change to: drive business growth; deliver outstanding client work; and be the face of People & Change to the external market
- Represent B2C as part of the cross-functional People and Change community
- Drive the focus on BCM and/or OD within the B2C market, internally and externally
- Contribute to the business development and sales initiatives including bid, proposal and contract / commercial negotiations with our B2C clients
- Take a role in the growth of the team and wider practice, sharing knowledge, developing thought leadership and supporting the career aspirations of team members
- We are looking for someone who is a natural team player with a strong focus and flair for people development and team leadership.
- Candidates should have established themselves in the market place as credible in culture, cultural change and change management practices
- Experience in the B2C Sector is preferable
- Qualifications such as CIPD, Occupational psychology, MBA, Prince2 and caching would be beneficial but not essential
Recognising and Motivating you
At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities – you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients and our communities.
We’re at our best when you’re at your best; that’s why we’ve created ‘Our Deal’ and ‘The Academy’. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through ‘The Academy’, you’ll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
Applying with a disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy
At KPMG, we recognise that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand and appreciate that those with experience who have taken a career break still have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy