Skip to main content
Back to results
This job has expired
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Service Line Information
In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
In People and Change we specialise in organisational development, talent management, behavioural change management and optimising the HR function.
Service Line Group
Our HR Transformation team has been named ‘Vanguard Leader in HRT’. The prestigious ranking reflects KPMG’s global leadership in the HR Transformation consulting space. KPMG was one of only two providers worldwide found to be ‘advancing service breadth or depth’ of its HR transformation services.
At its core, our team’s primary objective is to seamlessly build HR capabilities which drive scalable and sustainable business value working across the breadth of the HR landscape. Our team has a mix of skills through both design and implementation which provide coverage of the following key components:
• HR Assessments: Running HR Assessments which review the current operating environment with the objective to identify the issues and opportunities for improvement
• HR Strategy Alignment & Planning: Leading engagements, setting expectations for project scope, timing, resources, and outcomes in line with defining the HR strategy
• Service Delivery Model: Implementing a Service Delivery Model which includes roles, responsibilities, span of control within HR, governance structures, HRBP, CoE andHR Shared Services strategy, development and set up
• Business Case and Roadmap: Building the business case to demonstrate a value proposition for senior management to make a decision to move forward projects
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
• Lead the day-to-day delivery of projects, working closely with colleagues from other areas of Management Consulting
• Manage a small team of consultants and/or facilitate client teams
• Provide specialist HR Transformation advice and work closely with the client leads and team members to successfully deliver project outcomes
• Manage quality/risk issues and suggest solutions
• Contribute to People Consulting business development, including working with key account teams to scope opportunities or developing compelling and winning proposals
• Contribute to the development of methodologies, tools, thought leadership papers and to the People Consulting practice more generally
• Formal and informal coaching and development of team members to ensure excellent client delivery whilst also enabling their career development
The following experience, skills and qualifications are desirable for this role (however you will not be asked to demonstrate all elements listed):
• Recent delivery experience within a consulting environment or transformational change experience from industry
• Hunger to learn and develop and be able to thrive in a really fast paced working environment
• Building new relationships with key stakeholders, demonstrating confidence and diplomacy
• Supporting in business development initiatives including bid, proposal and contract and commercial negotiation
• Qualifications such as CIPD, Occupational psychology, MBA, Prince2 and coaching would be beneficial but not essential
Recognising and Motivating you
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy
UK & Eire,
Manchester City Council