Skip to main content
Back to results
This job has expired
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Service Line Information
In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
In People and Change we specialise in organisational development, talent management, behavioural change management and optimising the HR function.
Service Line Group
People Consulting is an integral part of KPMG’s Consulting practice and a growing part of our business. This team help to transform the performance of organisations by changing the way people are led, managed and developed. We do this by focusing on two key areas – delivering the people agenda on large scale, complex, transformational change programmes and transforming the HR function.
We have 5 key capabilities that work across the sectors:
We are committed to creating a dynamic, challenging and engaging place to work and we are a passionate and diverse community where everyone feels valued, respected and empowered to truly enjoy the work they do.
Within the People Consulting team we group around sectors and in the Infrastructure, Government and Healthcare (IGH) team we work in five main market areas including Justice, Security & Safety, Transport and Infrastructure, Education, Productivity & Skills, Health and Human Services, plus Trade, Treasury and Investment.
Roles and Responsibilities
We are seeking talented individuals to manage work streams on client engagements and to take a pro-active business development role by building relationships with clients. You would need knowledge and skills in Workforce Intelligence and one other area:
• Workforce Intelligence: Helping organisations get the most from their workforce, including strategic and operational workforce planning, terms and conditions of employment, TUPE, plus reward and incentive management
• Behavioural change management: Ensuring organisations realise the benefits of large scale change projects by embedding new behaviours and minimising underperformance during the change
• Organisation development: Target operating model development, organisation design, role clarity, performance management, organisational culture, employee development and reward/recognition
• HR Transformation: Creating cost effective, integrated HR functions that contribute to the delivery of business strategy
• Talent Management: Helping clients identify, retain and develop talent, designing reward strategies/incentive schemes and performance management frameworks/processes
You would also need to ensure you are able to:
• Understand and meet the needs of clients within this sector
• Build and develop positive relationships inside and outside KPMG
• Pro-actively share client, specialist knowledge and best practice across the function
Our work is incredibly varied and on a day to day basis your work could cover:
• Managing a small team of consultants and/or facilitate client teams
• Providing specialist advice and working closely with client leads and team members to successfully deliver project outcomes
• Contributing to People Consulting business development, including working with key account teams to scope opportunities and developing compelling proposals to win new clients
• Contributing to the development of People Consulting Workforce Intelligence methodology, tools, thought leadership and our wider People Consulting practice
• Taking a significant role in the growth of the team and wider practice, sharing knowledge and supporting the development of other team members
Qualifications and Skills
The qualifications and skills for these roles are not prescriptive, but you’d need to demonstrate a significant number of the following:
• Workforce Intelligence skills and experience, such as workforce planning (strategic and operational), workforce optimisation and workforce analytics
• Stakeholder management and communication skills, both written and oral
• Demonstrating comfort with numbers (a formal qualification is an asset), processes and policies
• Qualifications and/or accreditation in one or more psychometric assessments tools
• Familiarity and proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g. PowerPoint and Excel)
• Hold Security Clearance or be able to obtain clearance when you join us
• Experience of working in a team
• A strong commercial acumen
• A hunger to learn and develop
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced working environment
• Qualifications including Occupational Psychology, CIPD, CIMA, MBA and Prince2 would be beneficial but not essential
Experience and Background
Candidates should have the following experience:
• Working within organisations covered by our IGH market areas outlined above
• Leading business development initiatives including bid, proposal, contract and commercial negotiation
• Responsibility for standalone deliverables that add significantly to the overall success of a project or work stream
• Commercial awareness and an ability to identify new business opportunities
• Acting as a subject matter expert in advising clients to maximise benefits while reducing risks
• Managing competing agendas/priorities and establish achievable programmes or projects
• Reporting to and demonstrating diplomacy when managing key stakeholders
• Coaching team members to ensure excellent client delivery, whilst also enabling their career development
• Using your expertise, knowledge and experience to further develop and promote the core People Consulting propositions
• Demonstrate continuous learning and a passion about your discipline with a background of continuous learning
Recognising and Motivating you
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy
UK & Eire,
Assistant / Administrator /Co-ordinator
Epson Europe BV
General Dental Council