• Exciting opportunity to join a high growth market leading organisation
• HR Generalist experience from within an SME environment (ideally manufacturing)
About Our Client
Michael Page are exclusively partnering with Designplan Lighting to recruit a new HR Manager to join their team in Sutton, Surrey. Designplan Lighting are a market leading and wholly-owned subsidiary of the Fagerhult Group, the third largest and fastest growing lighting group in Europe.
Designplan Lighting are passionately committed to developing high performance robust lighting solutions which are sustainable, energy efficient and designed to last. They currently employ around 150 employees in the UK, with the majority of them situated at their new purpose-built manufacturing facility in Surrey, where their employees enjoy excellent facilities including a subsidised restaurant and outdoor breakout area.
Designplan Lighting is not only a high performing business, it is an exceptional place to work. They take pride in their emphasis on the well-being, inclusivity, development and engagement of all their employees, and actively empower people at all levels to improve their business. In turn it is not unusual for the employees at Designplan to be empowered to participate in certain HR initiatives including employee forums and personal development sessions.
An integral element of their business strategy and growth plans rely on their ability to attract, retain, engage, develop and reward talented and skilled professionals who share their vision, therefore their new HR Manager will undoubtedly be at the centre of Designplan Lighting's ongoing success and at the forefront of their growth agenda.
As the HR Manager you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the people management agenda which will support the operational and strategic objectives of Designplan Lighting.
This is a standalone position responsible for the delivery of all human resources activities across the UK. This includes delivering a full human resources service to the company including: employee engagement; recruitment & selection; employee relations and retention; performance management; learning & development; flexible working & family friendly policies; diversity & equality; reward; and talent & capability management.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Conduct regular reviews, recommend and implement improvements to the company's policies, procedures and practices on all HR matters.
• Drive the Company talent management, succession planning and training agenda, liaising with training providers and maintaining training records.
• Own and develop the company induction process, including liaison with new starters and managers to produce individual plans, new starter packs and checklists.
• Work with the senior leadership team and line managers to upskill, assist and advise them in carrying out their responsibilities on all HR matters.
• In conjunction with the leadership team, lead on the annual review, preparation and administration of the performance management system (including salary benchmarking and awards)
• In liaison with hiring managers and the leadership team, identify resourcing needs and co-ordinate all relevant recruitment and selection activities.
• Keep up to date with developments in employment legislation and HR best practice, and share knowledge within the team to ensure Company compliance and continuous development and improvement.
• Manage the Designplan Lighting Apprenticeship and Graduate programme.
• Update and maintain a HRIS system (ADP) that meets the company and GDPR requirements.
• Analyse and present on HR metrics, making recommendations to the leadership team that align to the business strategy.
• Take ownership of HR related projects as and when required.
The Successful Applicant
The successful HR Manager will have the exciting opportunity to join Designplan Lighting having demonstrated the following;
• Credible generalist HR experience gained from delivering results within a collaborative and inclusive SME environment, ideally within a manufacturing organisation.
• Ability to engage a diverse range of stakeholders and build effective working relationships across all levels of the business.
• Demonstrable experience of driving activity within reward, employee engagement, talent development and recruitment.
• Credible business acumen within a growing SME environment.
• Self-starter mentality, able to work using own initiative in order to achieve results.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary + package
Michael Page are partnering Designplan Lighting on an exclusive basis therefore all third party applications will not be considered.
Ref Code: MPTC13912210Z