A unique HR Manager role is now available within a Central London based Niche Financial Services business.
The role will be supporting a London based client group of circa 100 and will have a reporting line to a Head of HR in Edinburgh. The role will offer a lot of autonomy and independence plus support where required.
This will be a true generalist role covering the full employee lifecycle as well as supporting on topical projects such as SMR and GDPR. In addition this role will take the lead for the entire business on training and development.
We are looking for top class HR Managers that are comfortable with operational aspects of HR as well as juggling projects and liaising at all levels throughout a business. Financial Services experience is essential for this role.
Lead on: Training and development
- SMCR requires bespoke training on the regulation of SMCR and how it applies to individuals roles. Investigate options available and implement.
- Provide / arrange training on new processes as a result of SMCR.
- Responsible for ensuring training and CPD logs are maintained to a high standard.
- Sourcing and arranging good quality and cost effective training where needed within the business and measuring its impact.
- Developing and organising in-house 'lunch and learn' sessions.
- Develop and organise 2 x 1 week intern programs.
- Service delivery and information
- Update and maintain employees' details on the HR system. Running reports as and when required.
- Review employee related databases to ensure the HR system is fit for purpose.
- Main contact for UK Border Agency and ensure we are meeting our sponsor licence obligations.
Share responsibility for: Employee relations
- Deal with any HR issues (health problems affecting people's ability to work, performance management, grievances, flexible working) that may arise and liaise with General Counsel when appropriate.
- Acknowledge employees who pass courses/exams, experience an anniversary etc. are recognised.
- Ensuring GDPR compliant at all times. Following and refining GDPR processes.
- Ensuring the business are fulfilling obligations under SMCR. Especially around record keeping and fit and proper assessments.
Support the Head of HR in:
- Advise line managers on recruitment (procedures, recruitment agencies, job descriptions etc).
- Negotiate terms with recruitment agencies.
- Carry out appropriate background screening checks and gather references on permanent and temporary employees, agency temps and contractors.
- Produce offer letters, contracts and ensure appropriate policies are provided.
Performance and reward
- Ensure accurate payroll and pension contributions are paid out every month.
- Ensure all auto-enrolment obligations and communications are met.
- Ensure appropriate insurance policies are set up for employees and be the main contact for any queries.
- Administration around childcare vouchers.
- Administration around Total Reward Statements.
- Administration around the appraisal process making sure all relevant staff have submitted an appraisal form and job description.
- Solid experience working in a HR role ideally in the Financial Services sector.
- CIPD level 3 or 5 would be highly desirable.
- Experience in improving processes in a growing company.
- Knowledge of training providers would be useful
- Approachable and trustworthy
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to have 'difficult' conversations