Marketing & Communications Assistant Manager
- We help civil servants make a difference to the lives of people right across the UK by ensuring they have the learning and development interventions they need to do their jobs.
- KPMG currently leads a talented consortium of learning and development experts who work as a team to deliver a core curriculum and bespoke courses and programmes for civil servants across the UK and beyond.
- You will be involved in the largest learning and development intervention in the UK that will fundamentally improve the way that civil servants learn.
- We have already delivered a comprehensive suite of learning solutions, utilising digital technology and blended learning solutions, to help the Civil Service achieve this ambitious transformation.
- The Communication team is responsible for working with CSL to design and deliver a marketing and communications strategy to ensure the successful rollout of our core curriculum and delivery of the business objectives of the client and consortium.
Delivery of the annual marketing and communications plan:
- Assist in the delivery of the integrated marketing and communications plan –implementing quarterly campaigns and monthly activities for different audience segments.
- Help translate overarching campaign themes into monthly activity plans and manage the associated priorities, resources and timelines to deliver on time and to budget.
- Assist with the cascade of quarterly campaign plans, bringing teams in the wider programme and supply chain up to date with planned activity.
- Measure key performance indicators for campaign activity and report on ROI and engagement metrics.
- Lead the team’s use of CRM, creating and maintaining a database of customer contacts. This will involve analysis and segmentation of contacts to produce bespoke target lists.
- Assist in the development of tactical content to support regular communication feeds, including mailings, blogs and social media posts.
- Contribute to events throughout the year –both in the preparation and execution of the event -including business development activity with priority accounts through to regional roadshows for broad audiences.
Programme-wide content and asset-development:
- Support on the communications activity for all new products releasing to service.
- Lead the maintenance and continuous improvement of live products and seek opportunities to standardise and refine the core marketing deliverables.
- Interface with internal programme teams, such as the Service Centre, to provide ad-hoc communications support, oversight and guidance. Ensure programme-wide adherence of CSL’s communications policies and procedures.
- Support the development of internal programme communications and assets –particularly knowledge sharing tools designed to improve our service such as FAQs, credentials, evaluation results etc.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance and continuous improvement of existing assets (such as the curriculum prospectus) and tools (such as the events kit-bag) to keep them up to date and of a high quality.
- Experienced marketer with a proven ability to deliver campaign activities across a broad range of channels and audiences.
- Proven ability to assist in the delivery of marketing campaign activity across a broad range of channels and audiences.
- Track record of staying up to date and introducing new marketing techniques and best practice.
- Strong writing, editing and proofing skills with good attention to detail.
- A conscientious self starter with strong interpersonal, communication and organisation skills.
- Strong project management and administration skills, including website content management.
- Resilient; with experience of working under pressure and within a challenging stakeholder environment at pace.
Qualifications and Skills:
- CIM qualification preferred but not essential.
- Diplomatic with strong communication skills, particularly writing and editing.
- Strong project management and administration skills
- Demonstrated professional experience in a marketing or communications discipline