Assistant Director of People
- Kingsley Search & Interim
- North London
- £60,000 - £70,000 + benefits
- HR Director
- Job Level
- Director / Head / VP
- Not for profit / Charity
- Contract type
Our client, a well known and growing charitable organisation is looking to hire their first Assistant Director of People. As part of the Senior Leadership Team you will bring together HR, L&D and Strategic Volunteering to improve organisational effectiveness through aligning strategy, people and processes so as to facilitate the growth and success of the organisation. The successful applicant shall work effectively alongside the CEO, directors and senior managers to deliver change and support a culture underpinned by the charities values.
Key responsibilities shall include:
- Working with the Head of HR to provide the support required to achieve the organisational aims and objectives whilst ensuring that all policies and procedures are up to date and align with the values and behaviours of the organisation. Responsible for leading on relevant exercises to ensure that the organisation is seen as a competitive employer.
- Working with the L&D Manager you will lead of L&D strategy for the organisation that supports the development of capabilities and behaviours required for both staff and volunteers to perform at the highest level. You will also lead on the development and deliver of a People strategy and plan to ensure a holistic and integrated approach to people management that drives high performance, engagement and efficiency in accordance with the organisation's strategic aims.
- Working with the Strategic Volunteering manager to maintain an overview of volunteering across the organisation as well as supporting the management of volunteer recruitment, induction and retention.
- Support the organisation to plan, introduce and manage organisational change to ensure the objectives of change are met and that disruption to business as usual is kept to a minimum.
The successful candidate must have had previous experience leading on developing and implementing HR strategies, and will have managed organisational transformation programmes or projects. Proven leadership ability and the ability to collaborate and influence at senior level is a must together with the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously. Resilience, curiosity and an ability to make things happen are key!