My client, a 5* luxury retirement home in Essex are currently seeking a polished, hardworking and experienced HR Manager to join the team.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for all areas of HR support and guidance within the business, working with the General Manager and Heads of Department to ensure that legal compliance is fully adhered to and good practice is established and maintained with respect to the Groups HR processes and procedures.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify recruitment requirements and liaise with Group Recruitment Manager regarding sourcing candidates and advertising.
- Use CareerBuilder to manage applicant tracking and ensure a timely and appropriate response to all candidates regarding the process of their application.
- Support HoDs by facilitating or carrying out group or one-to-one interviews as appropriate.
- Set up Personnel File with appropriate checklist to detail employment journey.
- Process DBS checks and follow up references for all potential new recruits.
- Arrange name badges, fobs and uniforms for new staff.
Employee Record Keeping
- Set up and continually maintain personnel files and employee records on Caresys.
- Ensure employee records relating to compliance are kept up to date at all times for example DBS checks, Registration pins, Work permits, Training matrix/NMDS.
- Support HODs to diarise, carry out and follow up one to ones and annual reviews.
- Arrange Occupational Health fitness passes and support the exit interview process
- Provide support and first line information and advice in relation to HR issues.
- Take notes during formal processes.
- Assist with formal letter-writing with Moorepay support.
- Complete forms as appropriate for new starters, leavers, changes to details and so on, and ensure these are submitted to the Support Office payroll function in accordance with pre-set weekly deadlines having completed the necessary actions on Caresys.
- Ensure all Payroll weekly routines relating to holidays, training and sickness are checked before submission to Support Office.
- Ensure Payroll queries are channelled effectively, providing appropriate supporting paperwork as and when required.
- Assist with employee award schemes and initiatives including responsibility for the quarterly rising stars process.