- Page Group
- City of London, London
- Standard Benefits
- Employee Relations, Employment Law, Industrial Relations
- Job Level
- Director / Head / VP
- Banking / Finance & Insurance
- Contract type
The role of the Senior Employee Relations Manager - FTC is to provide sound Employee Relations (ER) support to a dedicated business line -front office.
The role holder will work as a partner with Human Resources (HR) Generalist colleagues, Business Managers (and Legal where appropriate) to assist with the effective execution of Business strategies.
Matrixed Global Financial Services organisation
- Full spectrum of Employee Relations (ER) activity (disciplinaries, grievances, capability, restructuring, advising on terms and conditions etc). This will involve providing specialist advice and guidance to HR Generalists and Business Managers and partnering with these colleagues to assist with effective execution of business strategies.
- Case management work may also involve conducting independent investigations, acting as HR Representative at Hearings, reviewing or producing high quality investigation reports and outcome letters.
- Coaching and developing HR Generalist colleagues and line managers on the effective resolution of ER matters. This may also include providing formal training and periodic technical updates to client groups.
- Assignment to Employee Relations projects
- Providing assistance where necessary for investigations led by functions such as Compliance and Risk.
- Having an understanding of the consequences of legal, compliance and governance issues, and their associated risks, and ensures they are effectively managed in all markets and reflected in HR practices
A Senior Employee Relations Specialist with:
- Experience working in relevant environments, i.e. Employee Relations in Financial Services in a similarly complex organisation
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting their style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
- Contributed productively to team objectives, sometimes supporting and sometimes leading activities to achieve shared goals
- A comprehensive understanding of the legal and regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements associated with financial services and experience of working within these
- An open, flexible and supportive approach to change and innovation
- Consistently achieved objectives set for them and taken action to improve their own performance
In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with completing priorities
- Able to identify and quantify risks and advise partners accordingly
- Ability to understand and apply the relevant internal policies which cover the various business areas supported
Competitive Fixed Term Contract Salary + Benefits (Day rate contractors not considered by the client)