We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior People Development Manager to join our HR team in Bristol. This is a permanent role joining a busy and friendly team in an international legal business.
The role will report into the Head of People Development and will be responsible for supporting the delivery of effective practical, pragmatic and business-focussed learning and development to the business, and will work collaboratively with the wider HR team as well as senior stakeholders across the business.
Our people are at the heart of our business. Our multi award-winning HR team is highly respected in the business for the central and strategic role it plays. We are renowned for our unstuffy and supportive culture, encouraging all our people to make the most of their talent with stretching careers in a fast growing and exciting environment.
Recent HR related accolades include:
- Best Company Culture, AllAboutLaw 2016
- Best Law Firm for Management and Culture, RollOnFriday 2016
- Excellence in Direct Recruitment, HR in Law 2016
- Best Company Culture, AllaboutLaw 2017
- Best for Job Satisfaction, AllaboutLaw 2017
- Best Recruiter, LawCareers.net 2017
- Firm of the Year, Roll on Friday 2018
- Best Firm for Training, Legal Cheek 2018
Responsibilities will include:
• Delivering a high standard of People development activity that produces tangible and measurable business benefit as agreed with the Head of People Development.
• Initiating, designing, delivering and evaluating L & D needs at an individual, team and organisational level.
• Actively engaging with all parts of the firm to provide coaching, training and facilitation in order to meet current business needs.
• Acting as a coach to senior lawyers (up to and including partner level) and senior managers, ensuring that you operate in accordance with OC process, standards and ethical principles.
• Constantly delivering learning and development that gives OC a sustainable competitive business advantage
• Supporting promotions, recruitment and other key transition points to ensure our people become effective in their new roles as quickly as possible.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate thorough knowledge and experience of best L&D practice. You will have excellent coaching skills and experience of influencing, supporting and coaching senior management teams. Experienced use of psychometric tools such as MBTI, 16pf etc. is essential. You will also ideally hold a coaching qualification and an L & D qualification such as CIPD certificate of L & D practice.
We are looking for somebody who is able to support the provision of people development activity across all parts of the firm, and in all its locations, including internationally, as required. In addition, the successful candidate will be able to display the following:
• Be self-motivated and proactive. Able to work as part of a team as well as on an individual basis
• Strong problem solving skills
• Effective planning and use of time
• Customer services – dealing with different customer types and demands
• Good interpersonal skills, able to interact with people at all levels, building good working relationships
• Understands and acts upon appropriate instructions. Clarifying incomplete/unclear instructions before acting
• Be assertive where necessary, but able to demonstrate flexibility
• Experience of various software packages across the Microsoft Office
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive to be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.