Group HR Director UK
- Page Group
- £85000 - £95000 per annum
- HR Director
- Job Level
- Director / Head / VP
- Media / Publishing
- Contract type
Our client, a London based media and market agency are looking for a Group HR Director UK to join and manage a team of 4, leading the HR strategy across each of the group's companies.
Our client is an international marketing and advertising services business working across a breadth of differing industry sectors with a strategy focus around acquiring new business and starting new business. Working with a number of global brands, their marketing and advertising pieces can be seen attached to business around the world such as Carlsberg, HBO, IKEA, Lexus, Optus and Transport for London.
This role is to lead HR strategy and delivery for the UK Group. You will lead and oversee the HR department supported by a team of four, consisting of a Senior HR Advisor, HR Advisor and two HR Coordinators.
You will work across all the UK group companies with the requirement of HR from each group company varying. The aim is to develop, implement and centralise group policies around recruitment, learning & development and culture & inclusion. This is a challenging and dynamic role that spans all of the client's group businesses, working with key stakeholders across each business. The role requires both a hands-on approach as well as considerable strategic planning.
The Group HR Director UK for this media and marketing agency based in London will be:
- Responsible for ensuring your department is fully compliant with the relevant laws and regulations and ensuring that all documentation is in order
- Responsible for ensuring that employee relations issues including redundancies, disciplinaries and TUPE are handled at the appropriate level of seniority with both legislation and culture taken into account
- Accountable for all senior and/or high-risk ER issues within the group, including providing support to senior management (Heads of dept, MD's, CEO's, Talent Managers) throughout the process
- Responsible for the career development of those that report into you
- Responsible for managing incoming data subject access requests
- Developing and delivering strategies for the group with a focus on improving our recruitment, talent management & learning & development as a whole
- Developing diversity & inclusion strategies which can be applied across all group businesses working closely with our new Head of Culture and Inclusion
- Implementing, driving and supporting initiatives, events and processes that further embed the client's group culture and values whilst also supporting our broader business objectives
- Partnering with the group businesses to identify employer of choice initiatives which in turn will improve attraction, engagement and retention
- Keeping abreast of sector developments (mergers, new offerings, client moves) in order that the client group group can lead the field in talent acquisition
The successful Group HR Director UK for this media and marketing agency based in London will:
- Be exceptionally knowledgeable of employment law and have the ability to translate this into plain English for those around you
- Be experienced in implementing and managing effective talent attraction and retention programmes - with an exceptional track record of delivering recruitment solutions
- Be experienced in designing and implementing training and development programmes for all levels of experience and skill would be advantageous
- Be CIPD qualified or have at least 10 years' generalist HR experience
- Possess a self-starter attitude with the ability to generate ideas and implement improvements
- Be a credible influencer who uses a combination of HR knowledge and commercial nous to influence and gain commitment from all key stakeholders
- Be driven to deliver; demonstrating determination, resourcefulness and purpose to deliver the best results for the business
- Be inquisitive and future focused, seeking out new and innovate ways to add value to the business at all times
- Possess the courage to challenge; being able to articulate a clear point of view backed up by clear rationale.
A salary of £85,000 - £95,000