HR Operation Advisor
- Oakleaf Partnership
- City of London, London
- £47000 - £50000 per annum + + competitive benefits
- HR Adviser, HR Operations
- Job Level
- Adviser / Executive / Officer
- Banking / Finance & Insurance
- Contract type
My client is a city-based Investment Management firm who are looking to recruit a HR Operations Advisor. The role will be to provide an efficient and effective HR service delivery across the breadth of HR Operations including onboarding, payroll, and recruitment.
The role will provide a superior administrative service across all areas of HR activities and in particular will focus on new hire and leaver administration, employee life event administration, system data management, and managing employee enquiries. In addition, the incumbent will support the HR Business Partners as needed as well as the wider HR team and line manage two HR Administrators.
As a core part of the HR provision, the HR Operations Team straddles every area of HR and works across every business area and level. The HR Operations team is highly transactional but provides excellent service to our internal clients and partners.
- Proactive management and development of the HR Administrators to ensure the needs of the business are met now and in the future
- Provide support for the HR Operations Manager in the development of system, reporting and team capabilities.
- Oversight of employee enquiry responses through HR Mailbox, onboarding, leaver and other admin related activities undertaken by direct reports ensuring adherence to the SLA or stated deadlines.
- Supervise the monthly payroll activities by the HR Administrators and act as a designated liaison for the payroll vendor, ensure audit documentation and reporting requirements are up to date and monitor data quality within payroll processing
- Review and implement/recommend changes to HR policies and employee handbooks following internal and legislative changes/updates
- Facilitate employment transactions such as employee transfers, promotions, international secondments and high risk termination events
- Coordinate employee lifecycle events and work with Reward and Benefits team during key annual events to support their work from an operational HR standpoint
- Provide support for employment and payroll related queries from employees and managers and act as an escalation point for the HR Administrators
- Act as a Super-User to maintain system and data integrity for the HR database and employee personnel files in accordance with GDPR and internal guidelines
- Assist with the provision of information to Auditors (internal and external) and external vendors
- Support and lead on HR related projects; liaising with internal partners and external vendors and successfully deliver to the specified deadline and requirements
- At all times, manage risk by ensuring potential issues are identified and escalated to the HR Operations Manager (or in their absence HR Business Partner/Head of HR) team immediately
- Identify gaps, and propose and develop processes and procedures for the HR Operations Team to improve the team efficiency
- Promoting an understanding of the corporate culture and values and incorporate it into all HR operational practices and policies
- Assist the HR Business Partners with employee relations and performance management matters as well as assist with recruitment activities.
- An experienced HR Advisor, ideally with experience gained within a financial institution and some experience with payroll
- Must have management experience, be highly organised and able to manage a varied workload and meet deadlines
- Good or advanced knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to manage queries at all levels in the organisation.
Please apply by sending in your CV for immediate consideration.