- Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- c£60,000 + enhanced benefits
- Change Management, Diversity, Employee Relations, HR Business Partner, Organisational Development
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Engineering / Manufacturing
- Contract type
HR Business Partner, Northern Europe
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire with frequent overseas travel
c£60,000 + enhanced company benefits
Spirax Sarco is a world-leading business that designs, manufactures and supplies steam and electrical thermal energy solutions to a diverse range of industrial and commercial customers worldwide.
We have for the 2nd year running, been voted one of Britain’s most admired companies but it’s our people that makes us special. We encourage innovation and ingenuity, support each other and are passionate about recruiting the best possible talent into our business.
The HR Business Partner will work with the Head of HR, EMEA as well as senior management, holding responsibility for the implementation of our People Strategy and HR Operating Plan across multiple sites around Northern Europe. With a dotted line into the Regional General Managers’ for both Northern Europe and Middle East, Africa and Western Europe, a strategic focus placed on influencing, planning and development of all functions. Particularly relating to retention and succession planning, compensation and benefits, training and development and performance management as well as some hands on practical support.
Reporting to the Head of HR, EMEA. The role will be based in Cheltenham at our Charlton House Headquarters with regular travel to Europe.
- To work with management teams to understand key business drivers and participate in the development of HR strategies
- To develop policy frameworks and advise management
- To advise, support and coach managers on performance management systems and conducting of appraisal/development plans & discussions.
- To support in the delivery of in-house leadership programmes.
- To provide advice and practical support to line managers concerning the Company’s recruitment & selection processes.
- To provide line managers with advice and practical support in respect of employees absences and in particular sickness absence, to ensure adherence to Company policy and best practice; utilising the services of our occupational health provider.
- To provide line managers and employees with advice and practical support in relation to formal & informal grievances.
- Occassional involvement in complex ER cases.
- To provide support to the Group HR on strategic projects within the UK.
- To provide timely and accurate HR information to the Head of HR EMEA including Quarterly Report information.
- MCIPD (non-essential)
- Psychometric interpretation for occupational questionnaire
- European language skills advantageous but not a prerequisite
- Experience of a private sector environment – office and Manufacturing environment advantageous
- Previous working exposure to European/Scandinavian businesses
- Up to date knowledge of people related work processes and models
- Management of the full recruitment cycle to executive level
- Change & Organisational design management
- Experience of managing multiple projects to successful conclusion
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to build constructive and positive relationships across all levels of the business
- Strong knowledge and confidence of UK employment law
- Resilient, delivery focussed and adaptable
In return, we offer:
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Enhanced Group Personal Pension Plan
- Enhanced Life Assurance
- Comprehensive Private Healthcare
- Cycle scheme vouchers
- Childcare vouchers
- Sharesave scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised restaurants
- Personal Discounts Portal
- Discretionary bonus
Spirax-Sarco Engineering is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.