HRIS Product Owner, Capability Products
BP is part way through a programme of HR Modernisation. The workplace and the workforce are changing at an incredible pace. The scale and scope of change over the next five years is likely to eclipse that of the last twenty.
The role of technology is central to our own journey. We are modernising our function to adapt to changes in the workforce and workplace to ensure we're positioned to add maximum value to BP moving forward. Embracing technology to drive efficiency and improve end-user experience. Adopting an operating model that allows the right work to be done by the right person in the right location. Focussing our time and effort where it really counts. And feeling confident that the HR function we're continuing to build will be even better than the one we have today.
The role of the HRIS Product Owner is to own part of our global learning and talent technologies and ensure that the products & solutions provide best in class platforms for employees to develop and flourish in BP.
The role encompasses the full process and product design lifecycle from strategic alignment through to requirements analysis and capture, solution development, process documentation, end user and regression testing, as well as ensuring appropriate change management, training and communications approaches are put in place and executed to support new initiatives.
To deliver the above, the job holder will work in partnership with his/her peers to build best in class user experience. He/she will also lead the engagement and governance model with key technology vendors to request product enhancements that fit BP's requirements.
Managing a great set of products:
- Own a part of the 'ecosystem' of talent & learning solutions / products
- Maintaining the health and operational integrity of your solutions / products through working with the various parties
- Working closely with our tech colleagues to understand how solutions / products co-exist in this 'ecosystem'
Knowing the Learning and Talent Domain:
- Supporting BP to be a thought-leader in the talent & learning technology space through ongoing external networking and tech landscape analysis
Delivering great improvements in your product areas:
- Managing change projects as needed for the learning / talent products under your control
- Planning and prioritising a pipeline of upcoming change initiatives
Working closely with great people:
- Managing relationships with numerous stakeholders
- Maintaining alignment on priorities and managing their requirements / expectations on projects
- Working closely with our 'support' colleagues in IT and Procurement
Building external partnerships:
- Building our relationships with the relevant external partners to be more strategic relationships
- Assisting IT in the operational oversight of our vendors
Degree level education or equivalent.
Essentials Skills & Experience:
- Experience of managing and deploying talent and learning technologies, in particular managing a global Learning Management System (LMS) delivering formal learning
- Experience of solving business problems and driving business value through the LMS and associated technical / digital solutions
- Experience of translating business requirements into functional designs
- Experience of contributing to great employee / user experiences
- Experience of succeeding in complex and changing environments
- Experience working with the Cornerstone LMS would be beneficial