- DLA Piper
- HR Adviser, HR Generalist
- Job Level
- Adviser / Executive / Officer
- Legal, Professional Services
- Contract type
The HR Advisor at DLA Piper is the first point of contact for employees seeking HR advice or support. In this role, you will be responsible for providing key services during the employment life cycle. This will range from onboarding and allocation of benefits, through to leavers and the exit process – in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures, and in line with local labour laws and regulations.
You will experience what it is like to work in a fast paced international environment. We are looking to hire someone who can work as part of a team to provide generalist HR support to our fee earners, management and employees. In addition, you will play a key role in supporting our initiatives, promoting continuous improvement and enhancing the service we offer. This position is based in our Brussels office.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and coordinate the monthly payroll process in collaboration with the external payroll provider and respond to pay related questions
- Handle employee fringe benefit programs
- Provide full support and guidance on all aspects of the employee life cycle as required
- Deal with general HR queries and provide advice and follow-up, as appropriate
- Co-ordinate the firm’s induction for new joiners
- Ensure all personnel files are accurate and up-to-date
- Participate in and support the HR Manager in various annual processes such as the organisation of career days and the annual review process
- Provide operational support in relation to specific HR projects
- Liaise with specialist HR teams and the Warsaw operations team
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent
- You are fluent in written and spoken Dutch and English with good knowledge of French
- You have ideally gained between 2-3 years of professional experience and are familiar with the basics of the Belgian social legislation
- Experience in a professional services firm is a plus
- Good command of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to build trust and develop effective relationships, internally and externally
- Team player with a strong work ethic and eye for detail
- Able to identify, interpret and resolve common issues with minimal supervision
- Anticipates the consequences of situations and plans accordingly
- Able to adapt to changing demands, handle multiple projects and work under time pressure
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.