The HR Business Partner will join the business on an interim basis, focusing on talent and succession planning in a highly academic environment
Our client is a well known and respected University based in the heart of London
The key responsibilities are to:
- Manage succession planning and talent management with stakeholders, ensuring that their designated function has a diverse talent pipeline.
- Support with the recruitment of senior roles including co-ordinating effective attraction and selection campaigns.
- Work with line managers and colleagues on improving the diversity of the senior population.
- Work with line managers and the Organisational Development team on local training/development plans to ensure retention and good succession.
- Work with line managers at every stage of the performance management process, ensuring appraisals are carried out effectively, and good performance is recognised and poor performance is addressed. This includes supporting with 360 feedback as required.
- Work with line managers and Occupational Health & Well-being team to embed a culture of well-being.
- Support the job evaluation process.
- Support organisational change as a senior member of the HR team
- Work with, coach and engage with the local HR teams in their designated business area
- Support and advise line managers in the consistent development and application of procedures and policies across the full HR spectrum. Work with the wider HR team to achieve appropriate outcomes.
- Train and coach line managers in the effective resolution of informal ER case work
- Undertake project work as appropriate to support local and central HR strategies.
We're looking for an HR Business Partner with the following capabilities:
- Significant HR Business Partnering experience
- Experience of working in an HR generalist role in a matrixed organisation
- Experience of workforce planning, succession planning and talent management
- Experience of developing and implementing an HR strategy with demonstrable evidence of the subsequent positive changes
- Experience of improving engagement and retention of people
- Experience in a HR Specialist role as well as generalist experience
- Experience of embedding a successful Equalities, Diversity and Inclusion strategy
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to influence at a senior level
- Able to work collaboratively across a complex environment
- Ability to understand complex data and draw out workable insights
- A tenacious and resilient approach to work
- Comfortable with a level of ambiguity and risk
- CIPD or similar qualification
4 Month Fixed Term Contract, Immediate Start, Salary of £50,000+benefits