Consultant, Technology Adoption – Private Sector, Human Capital
What impact will you make? The Opportunity
With over 400 professionals focussed on the Private Sector in the UK, our Human Capital practice is renowned for providing distinctive depth and breadth of organisation transformation services to clients undertaking complex major programmes. Our practice combines project and programme leadership capabilities with HR Transformation and HR Technology consulting, change management, organisational design and leadership expertise, helping our clients identify, manage and solve the people issues that cause businesses to perform below their potential.
Our Private Sector Presence
Our Private Sector practice cover a diverse range of clients across a number of industries, from Law firms to Oil giants and Airlines to Newspapers. We focus on building major, lasting relationships with the worlds largest companies, as well as high growth businesses in strategic areas. Private Sector encompasses the widest range of clients and most varied Industries. Our strong relationships and the depth and breadth of our skills mean that we have been at the heart of some of the biggest and most ambitious programmes undertaken across the Private Sector.
Our International Reach
As a global organisation, we work with clients in the UK and around the world. As a North West Europe firm, we work closely with our Swiss, Nordic, Belgian and Dutch colleagues to support clients throughout the region. We also have a growing partnership with the Middle East providing further opportunities to expand our global reach and provide impact to our clients.
The Digital Enablement team within Human Capital’s Organisation Transformation and Talent practice works with clients to deliver the people change associated with technology and digital-enabled business transformation.
We provide our clients with the advice and delivery support that they need throughout the entire cycle of their technology and digital transformation programmes. Whether it is assessing, planning, supporting, managing, or delivering business change solutions, we need the very best people to join us and strengthen our team even further.
As a Consultant in Digital Enablement, you will support the planning, scoping and delivery of technology and digital transformation projects across the private sector working in multi-disciplinary teams. This includes: developing change strategies, stakeholder engagement and management, communications, change impact analysis, business readiness and deployment planning, and training needs assessment, development and delivery.
The base location is London. The role may involve travel, working in different areas of the UK and potentially overseas.
This is a permanent role.
Consultants are key members of any client facing team, and are responsible for contributing to delivering high quality client work, business development and practice development.
As a Consultant you will have responsibility for:
- Carrying out research, data collection and analysis to help determine client needs and provide recommendations to solve client issues
- Contributing to development of work plans and being an integral team member for specific components of engagements
- Applying rigorous logic and data analysis to ensure all deliverables are of high quality
- Supporting business development by contributing to new business proposals and presentations and taking role in industry and accounts
- Contributing to internal practice development by participating in proposition, methodology and point of view development activities and supporting knowledge capture and sharing
Digital Enablement specific responsibilities
- Supporting and carrying out end-to-end business change for technology and digital programmes including:
- Stakeholder engagement
- Communication planning and delivery
- End user training needs analysis, training development and delivery
- User on-boarding and adoption planning and support
- Capability building in the client team
- Supporting transformation of business processes and functions including HR, finance, procurement
- Delivering change management in waterfall, agile and hybrid agile programmes
- Developing user journeys and user stories
- Building credibility with operational teams
- Working across a range of technologies e.g. Workday, Oracle, SAP, Success Factors, Ariba, Microsoft Suite, Robotics and AI as well as bespoke digital applications
- Assessing the people impacts of technology and digital change
- Measuring the success of change programmes through the use of analytics
- Supporting the development of innovative approaches and ideas
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Experience of working on business change in technology and digital transformation projects (in line with the responsibilities detailed above) in a consulting organisation, or in an internal consultant role
- Experience of delivering change management approaches, such as change impact analyses, training needs analyses, stakeholder engagement and communications, and/or end user capability building and training
- Experience of delivering change for one or more technologies such as Workday, Oracle, SAP, Success Factors, Ariba, Microsoft Suite, Robotics and AI, custom apps, etc.
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams, and fast-paced project environments in waterfall and/or agile/hybrid-agile approaches
- Experience and knowledge of working in the Private Sector
- Ability to develop excellent client relationships
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Excellent facilitation, communication and data analysis skills
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity
- Fluency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to look at the bigger picture as well as have a keen eye for detail
- Ability to balance logic and analytical thinking with empathy
- Curiosity to learn about new businesses
You are here: Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
Our Consultants add real value to our clients across all industries through managing projects, collaborating on innovative organisation transformation programmes and staying abreast of significant private sector trends so that they are both an asset to Deloitte and the clients we partner with. Their input contributes to the transformation of our clients’ business and the introduction of effective and innovative change solutions.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 139755