Senior Consultant, Consulting, People & Behavioural Change – Private Sector, Human Capital
As the Organisation Transformation and Talent practice, we work with senior leadership teams to deliver value through people, by redesigning organisations, building capability, developing effective leadership teams and embedding behavioural change. We support our clients through the entire cycle of organisational transformation, starting with initial diagnosis right through to successful implementation.
Working with us, will give you the opportunity to work with some of the most prestigious clients across industry sectors. As part of the practice, you will work on client projects that go right to the core of helping businesses deliver value. We work with senior leadership teams, helping them resolve some of the most complex and challenging business issues and build competitive advantage through aligning their organisations with their strategies. We believe that designing and managing effective organisations and creating the right conditions for business change provides our clients lasting competitive advantage.
We help clients to shape and manage the delivery of complex business change in a range of contexts. As a Senior Consultant in People and Behavioural Change you will support the planning, scoping and delivery of major People and Behavioural Change projects within Organisation Transformation and Talent working in multi-disciplinary teams.
As a Senior Consultant you will have responsibility for:
- Helping clients solve complex issues by performing analysis, providing recommendations and utilising a combination of experience, industry knowledge, tools, and technology
- Developing work plans for components of client engagements and leading the delivery of defined project objectives
- Managing one or multiple workstreams in client projects, coaching junior team members and producing high quality deliverables
- Working with a range of stakeholders, and being seen as a subject matter expert within client organisations and by colleagues
- Supporting business development by contributing to new business proposals and taking role in industry and account teams
- Contributing to internal practice development by participating in proposition, methodology and point of view development activities and supporting knowledge capture and sharing
People and Behavioural Change specific responsibilities:
- Carrying out end to end change management activities including:
- Change leadership
- Stakeholder engagement
- Cultural and behavioural change
- Training and change capability development
- Organisation structure transition management
- Delivering change management on a variety of business change programmes including M&A, business and functional transformation, regulatory change and cost reduction
- Building credibility with operational teams across a range of organisational stakeholders
- Assessing the people impacts of operating model change including process, technology and organisation structure
- Measuring the success of change programmes – through the use of analytics and robust benefits management
- Supporting the development of innovative approaches and ideas to deliver change management solutions to clients
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Experience of working on People and Behavioural Change projects(in line with the responsibilities detailed above)in a consulting organisation, or in an internal consultant role
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams, and fast-paced project environments
- Experience and knowledge of working in one or more of the industry sectors -- Financial Services, Public Sector and Private Sector
- Ability to develop excellent client relationships
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Excellent facilitation, communication and data analysis skills
- Work effectively in a team environment and manage team members
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity
- Fluency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to look at the bigger picture as well as have a keen eye for detail
- Ability to balance logic and analytical thinking with empathy
- Curiosity to learn about new businesses
If you are interested in joining an extremely fast growing area of the firm, we look forward to hearing from you.
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway – pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway – pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway – pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 138608