Senior Consultant - Public Sector, Programme Leadership, Human Capital
The Human Capital practice works with colleagues across Audit, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory to provide innovative and integrated people-focused solutions to clients from a diverse range of industries.
Our practice has three distinct go-to-market capability teams:
- HR Transformation
- Organisation Transformation & Talent
- Programme Leadership
As part of one of these teams, you will have the opportunity to work with one or many elite clients in:
- Consumer Business
- Technology, Media and Telecoms
- Energy and Resources
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Public Sector
- Financial Service industry
Programme Leadership is a dedicated team of high calibre project and programme management specialists. PL is currently one of the largest programme leadership capabilities in the marketplace and we are renowned for our critical involvement in our clients’ largest and most complex change programmes.
We believe that the ability to manage change is in itself a strategic differentiator and we have developed a range of capabilities and offerings that enable us to deliver successful outcomes for our clients. We work with clients across all industry sectors to translate strategy into programmes of work, to assure their delivery and to embed the project, programme and PMO capability required to support the challenges of large-scale complex change.
Programme Leadership is a core proposition in the Human Capital agenda at Deloitte and this kind of work sits at the heart of any business. So, you'll broaden your skill set and develop quickly, gaining access to the highest levels of client liaison and working on complex, high-profile projects across a range of clients whilst specialising within the Public Sector and working in one of the following industries:
- Central Government, Government Agencies, Local Authorities, charities and not for profit organisations
As a senior consultant for Deloitte UK, extensive travel within the UK is likely with potential for projects outside the UK as well.
You will have responsibility for:
- Experience of the design and development of programmes or project initiatives
- Developing plans and managing critical paths through understanding of the inter-dependencies between workstreams
- Co-ordinating plans across workstreams
- Progress reporting , risk management and financial controls in relation to the programme or programme or project initiative
- Preparing programme financial reports as part of PMO role and undertaking financial modelling to prepare budgets and business cases
- Mentoring and managing less experienced members of the team
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Previous experience of managing and delivering projects, either working for an institution in one of the above sectors, or for a consulting firm
- Experience of assisting with the design and development of a programme or project initiative
- Development of project plans across work streams and management of critical paths
- Understanding and experience of project management methodology (example PRINCE 2)
- Experience of having effectively managed dependencies in a project
- Experience of mentoring and managing others in a project team
- Progress reporting and risk management
- Preparation of programme financial reports as part of a PMO
- Undertake financial modelling to prepare budgets and business cases
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway – pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway – pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway – pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 121319