Senior Consultant, Capital Programmes, Programme Leadership, Human Capital
The Human Capital practice works with colleagues across Audit, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory to provide innovative and integrated people-focused solutions to clients from a diverse range of industries.
Our practice has three distinct go-to-market capability teams:
- HR Transformation;
- Organisation Transformation & Talent;
- Programme Leadership.
As part of one of these teams, you will have the opportunity to work with one or many elite clients in:
- Consumer Business
- Technology, Media and Telecoms
- Energy and Resources
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Public Sector
- Financial Service industry
Programme Leadership (PL) is a dedicated team of high calibre project and programme management specialists. PL is currently one of the largest programme leadership Consulting capabilities in the marketplace and we are renowned for our critical involvement in our clients’ largest and most complex change programmes: We specialise in providing a full range of advisory, delivery and information services to clients who are planning or undertaking major transformations, delivering portfolios of projects or one-off mega investment programmes.
A role model and a recognised leader in our business
Within the UK alone, there are tens of billions of pounds of Private and Public Sector spend allocated to the successful delivery of major capital infrastructure projects and programmes, all of which are facing increased demands and pressures to deliver maximum returns on investment. Deloitte has a dedicated PL Capital Projects service area focused on being the client-side, trusted advisors of choice on large-scale investment programmes such as Crossrail and major infrastructure programmes within (although not limited to) the Oil and Gas, Transport, Utilities, Energy and Mining industries.
Deloitte also has a global network and presence and plans to capitalise on the emergence of large-scale infrastructure spend in emerging economic markets such as Africa, China, Russia and India.
Deloitte are currently recruiting professionals with Capital Projects experience to join their PL practice. The PL practice has a unique blend of business and technical skills able to deliver advisory, design, assurance, project management and technology implementation services to clients within Public and Private sector.
As a result you will work with and learn from some of the key players in this field. You'll broaden your skill set and develop quickly, gaining access to the highest levels of client liaison and working on complex, high-profile projects across a range of clients. Not only this, but Deloitte have a dedicated internal training capability which will allow you to continue to develop and build upon your existing technical skills.
As a senior consultant for Deloitte UK, extensive travel within the UK is likely with potential for projects outside the UK as well.
As a senior consultant you will have responsibility for:
- Assisting with the design and development of large scale capital programme management initiatives covering business and technology implementation propositions.
- Business case definition of approach and preparation and assisting in the development of client bids across public and private sector.
- Working with clients in capital intensive industries across public and private sector covering mining, oil and gas, government infrastructure, rail & transport, energy and utilities.
- Defining and supporting business transformation on large-scale capital programmes
- Undertaking programme assurance and review of management practices along with defining and supporting programme recovery
- Supporting the development of business case and commercial structures for client’s largest capital investments
- Designing and implementing delivery and governance mechanisms including controls and contract/commercial management
- Mentoring and managing Analysts and Consultants
- Development of markets, offerings, propositions and pioneering thought leadership focused on capital programmes
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Experience of working with clients in capital intensive industries across the private and public sector to include oil and gas, rail & transport, energy, mining and utilities
- Robust knowledge and understanding of the full capital projects life-cycle from inception to decommissioning and including ongoing management of assets
- Previous experience of managing and delivering projects, either working for an institution in one of the above sectors, or for a consulting firm
- Experience of assisting with the design and development of a programme or project initiative
- Development and deployment of project control mechanisms including progress reporting and key control themes such as schedule, cost and risk
- Understanding and experience of using project management methodology (such as PRINCE 2)
- Mentoring and managing others in a project team
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), problem solving and analytical skills
- High degrees of personal motivation and drive
- Confidence in interacting with senior clients and quickly grasping their challenges and thinking creatively to propose impactful solutions
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway – pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway – pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway – pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 121316