- Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Diversity, Employee Relations, HR Business Partner, Organisational Development
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Engineering / Manufacturing
- Contract type
HR Business Partner, Corporate Functions
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire with occasional travel
c£60,000 + enhanced company benefits
Spirax Sarco is a world-leading business that designs, manufactures and supplies steam and electrical thermal energy solutions to a diverse range of industrial and commercial customers worldwide.
We have for the 2nd year running, been voted one of Britain’s most admired companies but it’s our people that makes us special. We encourage innovation and ingenuity, support each other and are passionate about recruiting the best possible talent into our business.
The HR Business Partner will work with the Head of HR, EMEA as well as senior management, holding responsibility for the implementation of our People Strategy and HR Operating Plan across our Cheltenham sites. With a strategic focus placed on influencing, planning and development of all functions, particularly relating to retention and succession planning, compensation and benefits, training and development and performance management as well as some hands on practical support.
Reporting to the Head of HR, EMEA. The role will be based in Cheltenham at our Charlton House Headquarters with regular visits to our Runnings Road operation.
- To provide counsel and support to the leadership teams on HR policies and procedures
- Partner with senior managers on performance management systems and the conducting of appraisals/development plans & discussions
- To collaborate with the leadership teams to identify future talent and drive succession planning activities
- To progress the delivery of in-house leadership programmes and other strategic development activities
- To align HR initiatives that support Organisation Design, with strategic business needs and the HRD’s strategy for the EMEA Division
- To provide advice and practical support to line managers concerning the Company’s recruitment & selection processes
- To support the Head of HR EMEA in working with members of the leadership teams from the business to identify and launch employee engagement initiatives that support divisional retention strategies. Strong focus on culture and reward
- To collaborate with the business on Early Careers strategies and support the implementation
- Partner with senior managers providing advice and practical support in respect of employee absence and in particular sickness absence, to ensure adherence to Company policy and best practice; utilising the services of our occupational health provider
- To provide line managers and employees with advice and practical support in relation to formal & informal grievances
- Occassional involvement in complex Employee Relations cases
- Provide support to Group HR with strategic projects within the UK
- To provide timely and accurate HR information to the Head of HR EMEA including Quarterly Report information.
- MCIPD (non-essential)
- Psychometric interpretation for occupational questionnaire
- FMCG/Retail or Professional Services or Engineering experience, at a broad level incorporating other service functions
- Up to date knowledge of people related work processes and models
- Management of the full recruitment cycle to executive level
- Extensive private sector experience
- Change & Organisational design management
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to build constructive and positive relationships across all levels of the business
- Strong commercial knowledge and developed negotiation skills
- Resilient, delivery focussed and adaptable
In return, we offer:
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Enhanced Group Personal Pension Plan
- Enhanced Life Assurance
- Comprehensive Private Healthcare
- Cycle scheme vouchers
- Childcare vouchers
- Sharesave scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised restaurants
- Personal Discounts Portal
- Discretionary bonus
Spirax-Sarco Engineering is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.