Human Capital, HR Transformation, HR Apps – Workday, Senior Manager
What impact will you make? The Opportunity
If you have extensive practical delivery experience of Workday implementations and are looking to continue to develop your career in a market-leading HR transformation and technology consulting team, then this could be the role for you. Join a team which is recognised by industry analysts (including Kennedy) for our HR Transformation & Technology capability and by Workday for our implementation expertise.
Within Human Capital sits our HCM Cloud Service Area, which provides Workday HCM solutions and services to large national and multi-national clients. This Practice is a growth area within Deloitte, and owes much of its development to the exceptional global track record that has been established with an enviable client base.
Workday is a significant player for Deloitte as one of our strategic alliance partners. We work closely together on an ongoing basis and are prepared to leverage these working relationships as needed to meet the client’s needs.
Our people bring a unique combination of business, functional and technical skills to the projects we deliver. We have many years of experience in dealing with full delivery lifecycles including front and back office projects, from building reliable ROI models to product selection, customisation and integration.
You will be based in an office in London, but the role requires frequent UK/European travel for project-based work on client sites.
This is a permanent role
A Senior Manager in our Workday practice will:
- Have a robust understanding of and ability to design / architect Workday HCM solutions and the ability to produce broad business HR process designs
- Understand the change management effort required when enabling change (e.g. training, stakeholder management, role transitions, communications or organisational design);
- Develop specialist knowledge of Workday HCM modules
- Play an dynamic role in business development, including pre-sales and bid activities
- Provide Workday subject matter expertise
- Develop and own senior client relationships within selected industries
- Understand the full range of professional services that can be offered by Deloitte and identifies opportunities for cross selling
- Influence senior stakeholders and sponsors, demonstrating interpersonal excellence with all levels of seniority - from middle management to board level
- Manage the adherence of all client deliverables to required legal and compliance standards
- Lead multiple development areas for the Workday HCM competency
- Regularly attend Workday User Groups and Events
- Develop and present thought leadership internally in Deloitte and externally at Workday and HCM Cloud events
- Manage medium to large sized teams and perform the associated people management tasks
- Ongoing development of Workday practice resources through Deloitte’s prescribed Talent processes
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Extensive experience of Workday HCM implementation projects, performing a variety of roles through the full project life-cycle with specialist functional knowledge of Workday HCM modules
- Have the proven ability to lead medium to large sized Workday HCM projects through the full project life-cycle
- Exposure to business development, including leading sales and bid / proposal work
- Ability to develop strong relationships with the senior clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including delivering presentations, chairing meetings, workshop facilitation, business and report writing
- Ability to manage work streams within a large project (client-facing or internal) and take responsibility for a team
- Educated to Graduate / Postgraduate level
You are here: Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
Our Senior Managers add real value to our clients across all industries through managing projects, managing people, and providing thought leadership across a range of Workday projects. Their input contributes to the transformation of our clients’ HR functions and the introduction of effective, innovative HR system. Our Senior Managers lead the Consultants and Senior Consultants they manage; ensuring they are continuously learning and developing the skills they need to be successful in their careers.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 145684