Human Capital, HR & Technology Advisory, Senior Manager
- HR Consultant, HR Systems & Data Analytics
- Job Level
- Accountancy, Professional Services
- Contract type
What impact will you make? The Opportunity
With over 400 professionals in the UK, our Human Capital practice is renowned for providing distinctive depth and breadth of organisation transformation services to clients undertaking complex major programmes. Our practice combines project and programme leadership capabilities with HR Transformation and HR Technology consulting, change management, organisational design and leadership expertise, helping our clients identify, manage and solve the people issues that cause businesses to perform below their potential.
Deloitte is a recognised global leader in HR Consulting, Transformation and Technology with over 300 blue-chip credentials. We have worked on redesigning HR functions during significant mergers and acquisitions and have proven capability in identifying areas for outsourcing and supporting clients through the transition to an outsourced partner. Our HR proposition aims to drive greater shareholder value by increasing the capability of the Human Resource function to impact business performance. Deloitte addresses HR value and capability by transforming client HR functions, creating and enabling more strategic roles, and improving efficiency and effectiveness through improved tools, policy and operations.
As a Senior Manager in the team you will work closely with the Directors and Partners to play a key role in making a difference by really influencing and shaping the strategic development of the team. You will also have the commercial experience necessary to build and develop significant new business opportunities for the Firm – focused on the development of senior client relationships within Human Capital. In doing so, you will build a level of eminence in the marketplace that gives you the platform to support the Firm’s growth ambitions over the long-term – as well as building high-performance teams around you to support these growth plans.
To be successful in this role, you will be a subject matter expert leading multiple, high-profile projects and bids, whilst developing innovative thought leadership. You will have the opportunity to learn from the best in the business and also help recruit the best people, coach and support them whilst driving activity such as proposition development and marketing.
You will be based in a Deloitte London office, however travel will be required for client based projects. Whilst some clients are London based, we do spend time on site with regional and international clients. We specify full mobility for our consulting roles but we make arrangements respectfully, there may be some opportunity for working from home depending on client demands.
This is a permanent role with a degree of flexibility. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients.
- Leading HR Consulting projects to drive global HR transformation. The role will focus on transforming the HR functions of some of the world’s largest organisations across all industries. Elements include the transformation or creation of the HR vision and strategy, HR Operations, HR Shared Services, HR process design and technology alignment, HR Capability development, HR Assessment and Business Case development and the transformation and delivery of the overall HR Service Delivery Model in line with business and HR strategic requirements.
- Leading several multi-disciplinary work streams of Consultants, Senior Consultants and Managers to deliver against client objectives
- Providing insight, innovation and thought leadership to clients on the latest thinking across HR including how to structure a HR function and drive value through HR Shared Services, Centres of Expertise and HR Business Partners.
- Planning, scoping and shaping the HR elements of major projects and programmes
- Building capability in the local team whilst not compromising performance
- Establishing good working relationships cross Consulting competencies and other Deloitte service lines
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; having a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
- Challenging clients to think commercially from a holistic organisational perspective and not solely from a HR view point
- Playing a key role in pre-sales and bid development
- Reporting on client project risks and opportunities
- Actively contribute to the growth of the business by identifying and delivering sales opportunities
- Offering a strong and compelling point of view around HR related matters and issues, such that it builds the credibility of the UK business
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
- Fully understand the strategic and operational drivers of the HR function and the value it brings to any organisation
- Have experience of managing change or transformation within an HR or business environment, either in another consulting firm or in-house
- Have a track record in managing the successful delivery of large, complex programmes / engagements on time and within budget
- Have expertise of managing or leading across one or more of the following areas: HR operations, HR transformation programmes, enabling HR technologies, shared services, HR organisation design or a specialist HR area (e.g. learning, recruitment, benefits, reward, performance, talent, recruitment)
- Brings an awareness of HR and related market trends and a passion and appetite to explore further and bring new thinking into everyday
- Possess excellent facilitation, communication and data analysis skills and have a natural ability to influence others
- Have an ability to manage senior stakeholders effectively and manage complex and diverse client scenarios, focusing on high quality and delivery through others even in high pressured, time critical situations
- Be acutely aware of risk management and managing risks associated with people, process, systems, change and commercials
- Have a track record in account development, business and relationship development and the ability to identify and act upon opportunities to build and develop Deloitte's HR Transformation practice footprint, including commercial and financial management of projects
You are here: Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
In this role you will work with clients to streamline HR processes, improve efficiency and drive performance, giving clients a competitive edge and building Deloitte’s Oracle HCM Cloud capability.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
How to apply
Please click on the Apply Now button above
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 135499