Human Capital, HR & Technology Advisory, Manager
With over 400 professionals in the UK, our Human Capital practice is renowned for providing distinctive depth and breadth of HR and Organisational Transformation services to clients undertaking complex major programmes and Deloitte is the recognised global leader in HR Consulting, Transformation and Technology with over 300 blue-chip credentials. Within Human Capital, the HR & Technology Advisory practice consistently innovates and drives HR Transformation for some of the largest and well known global brands.
We have worked on transforming the HR function for our clients during significant periods of change including organisational re-structures, new HR technology deployments, mergers and acquisitions and cost cutting and rationalisation programmes. We have proven capability in developing new HR Service Delivery Models, identifying areas for outsourcing and supporting clients through the transition to an outsourced partner and defining the Future of Work. Our High Impact HR proposition aims to drive greater shareholder value by increasing the capability of the Human Resource function to impact business performance and Deloitte addresses HR value and capability by transforming client HR functions, creating and enabling more strategic roles, and improving efficiency and effectiveness through improved tools, policy and operations.
Managers are responsible for leading HR Consulting projects, or being part of a larger team driving global HR transformation, as well as contributing to business development and practice development.
Managers will lead workstreams on large HR Transformation projects or will lead delivery of specialist HR projects in a particular area (e.g. Shared Service Centre design, Digital HR, Robotics or Technology selection). The role will focus on transforming the HR functions of some of the world’s largest organisation across all industries. Elements include the creation of the HR vision and strategy and the transformation and delivery of the overall HR Service Delivery Model in line with business and HR strategic requirements. Managers advise on implementing innovative solutions and the use of cutting edge enabling technologies.
This would include:
- Leading diverse and multi-disciplinary teams of Analysts, Consultants and Senior Consultants to deliver against client objectives
- Providing insight, innovation and thought leadership to clients on the latest thinking across HR including how to structure a HR function and drive value through HR Shared Services, Centres of Expertise and HR Business Partners; use of Digital HR and Robotics to drive efficiencies etc.
- Planning, scoping and shaping the HR elements of major projects and programmes
- Operating and being viewed as a content expert by Senior Managers in client organisations
- Reporting on client project risks and opportunities
- Challenging clients to think commercially from a holistic organisational perspective and not solely from a HR view point
- Business Development
- Playing an active role in pre-sales and bid development
- Identification of on-sell opportunities through existing client engagements
- Actively contribute to the growth of the business by delivering sales opportunities
- Practice Development
- Offering a strong and compelling point of view around HR related matters and issues, such that it builds the credibility of the UK business
- Actively involved in the running of the practice and supporting others as a Coach
Ways of Working
The role is based in the Deloitte offices in London, however travel will be required for client based projects.
This is a permanent role but we do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients.
To qualify for the role candidates must be able to demonstrate the skills and experience in general HR and consulting, in addition to some of the expertise outlined in the two areas below:
General HR experience:
- Fully understand the strategic and operational drivers of the HR function and the value it brings to organisations
- Have experience of managing change or transformation within an HR or business environment or within a consulting firm
- Have a proven track record of managing or leading the delivery of HR related work streams and deliverables as part of a HR Change programme
- Have expertise of managing or leading across one or more of the following areas: HR Operations, HR Transformation programmes, HR M&A Advice and Guidance, Enabling HR technologies, Shared services, Digital HR or HR organisation design
- An awareness of HR transformation and related market trends, with a passion and appetite to explore further and convey new thinking into everyday practices
- Consulting skills and experience:
- Have an ability to manage senior stakeholders effectively and manage complex and diverse client scenarios, focusing on high quality and delivery through others even in high pressured, time critical situations
- Be acutely aware of risk management and managing risks associated with people, process, systems and change
- Experience developing ideas for business development, recognising business development opportunities and playing an active role in increasing business opportunities for the firm
- Demonstrate personal insight and exceptional judgement when solving business issues
Strategic Advisory Experience:
- Proven ability to assess and deliver new service delivery and HR operating models considering business demands and more efficient ways of working as well as optimising employee experience
- A proven track record of assisting clients with analysing their HR requirements, processes and pain points to help them pick a suitable enabling technology, and managing the successful implementation of new technologies
- Strategic analysis of future HR capabilities and trends and implementing these to improve business performance and the employee experience
- Ability to assess the implications of M&A transactions from an HR perspective, and to manage HR transition activity through an integration/ carve out; TUPE knowledge and experience a plus
- Excellent data analysis skills and experience, being able to interpret and present data to others across different levels of data understanding
- Have an ability to influence others at varying levels of seniority
- An understanding of or preferably experience with robotics and automation for process optimization
- Knowledge of artificial intelligence (AI) and cognitive computing to enable information management, data analysis and predictive systems
- An understanding of how virtual reality and/or augmented reality can be leveraged to support employee retention, learning & development, engagement and productivity
- Awareness of using technology to allow for innovative ways to engage with employees throughout the employee lifecycle
- Appreciation of the digital roadmap, including risk management and staying a breadth of new digital tool
You are here: Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Human Capital
- Strategy & Operations
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
Our Managers add real value to our clients across all industries through managing projects, managing people, and providing thought leadership across a range of HR Transformation initiatives and trends. Their input contributes to the transformation of our clients’ HR functions and the introduction of effective, innovative and digital HR solutions. Our Managers lead the Consultants and Senior Consultants they manage; ensuring they are continuously learning and developing the skills they need to be successful in their careers.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
How to apply
Please click on the Apply Now button above
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 136085