Human Capital, Organisation Design, Public Sector – Consultant
What impact will you make? The Opportunity
With over 550 professionals in the UK, our Human Capital practice is renowned for providing distinctive depth and breadth of HR and organisation transformation services to clients undertaking complex major programmes. Human Capital sits alongside Technology and Strategy and Operations as one of three Competencies in Consulting at Deloitte.
Human Capital includes three Service Areas focused on HR Transformation and Applications, an Actuarial and Pensions practice and a Service Area focused specifically on helping our clients identify, manage and solve the people issues that accompany major transformation and/or cause businesses to perform below their potential. Called Organisation Transformation and Talent (OT&T), our practice brings together specialist expertise in project and programme leadership, change management and cultural change, organisational design, technology adoption, capital programme delivery, leadership, talent, learning and reward. We deploy these capabilities individually or, more commonly, in a blend as part of supporting major transformation programmes.
Our Public Sector Presence
Our Public Sector practice has a strong and growing presence across Central and Local & Regional Government. We help our clients to deliver complex, business-critical engagements across all parts of the Public Sector including Defence and Security, Health and Social Care, Transport, Education, Welfare and Justice. Our strong relationships and the depth and breadth of our skills mean that we have been at the heart of some of the biggest and most ambitious programmes undertaken across government and local public services. We are a highly ambitious team, growing strongly and at the forefront of thinking of new issues around public management, such as the ‘Future of Work’, AI, Robotics and digital.
Our International Reach
As a global organisation, we work with clients in the UK and around the world. As part of Deloitte’s North West Europe firm, in the years ahead we are likely to work closer with our Swiss, Nordic, Belgian and Dutch colleagues to support clients throughout the region. We also have a growing partnership with Deloitte in Middle East providing further opportunities to expand our global reach and provide impact to our clients.
As part of the Organisation Design team within Human Capital’s Organisation Transformation and Talent practice, we work with senior leadership teams to deliver value through people, by redesigning organisations to help them resolve some of the most complex challenging business issues and build competitive advantage through aligning their organisations with their strategies.
We provide our clients with the advice and delivery support that they need throughout the entire cycle of their organisation transformation programmes. Whether it is assessing, planning, supporting, managing, or delivering organisation redesign, we need the very best people to join us and strengthen our team even further.
As a Consultant in Organisation Design, you will support the planning, scoping and delivery of major organisation design projects across the public sector working in multi-disciplinary teams. This includes: developing effective operating models, assessing organisation structures for improvement opportunities, designing and delivering organisation design change, and identifying organisation design benefits.
The base location is London. The role may involve travel, working in different areas of the UK and potentially overseas.
This is a permanent role.
Consultants are key members of any client facing team, and are responsible for contributing to delivering high quality client work, business development and practice development.
As a Consultant you will have responsibility for:
- Carrying out research, data collection and analysis to help determine client needs and provide recommendations to solve client issues
- Contributing to development of work plans and being an integral team member for specific components of engagements
- Applying rigorous logic and data analysis to ensure all deliverables are of high quality
- Supporting business development by contributing to new business proposals and presentations and taking role in industry and accounts
- Contributing to internal practice development by participating in proposition, methodology and point of view development activities and supporting knowledge capture and sharing
Organisation Design specific responsibilities
- Supporting and carrying out end-to-end organisation design activities including:
- Organisation structure assessment
- Organisation design and implementation
- Organisation design benefits analysis
- Effective operating model design
- Working with senior leadership teams to translate strategic goals into effective organisation structures and operating models
- Assessing the structure of organisations using analytical tools and techniques, and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Building credibility with operational teams across a range of organisational stakeholders
- Helping organisations to navigate organisational change, through planning the implementation of new structures
- Identifying, quantifying and supporting delivery of the financial and non-financial benefits of organisation design
- Supporting the development of innovative approaches and ideas to deliver organisation design solutions to clients
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Experience of working on Organisation Design projects (in line with the responsibilities detailed above) in a consulting organisation, or in an internal consultant role
- Experience of delivering organisation design approaches, such as operating model design, organisation design, implementation and benefits assessment
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams, and fast-paced project environments in waterfall and/or agile/hybrid-agile approaches
- Experience and knowledge of working in the Public Sector
- Ability to develop excellent client relationships
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Excellent facilitation, communication and data analysis skills
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity
- Fluency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to look at the bigger picture as well as have a keen eye for detail
- Ability to balance logic and analytical thinking with empathy
- Curiosity to learn about new businesses
You are here: Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
Our Consultants add real value to our clients across all industries through delivering projects, collaborating on innovative organisation transformation programmes and staying abreast of significant public sector trends so that they are both an asset to Deloitte and the clients we partner with. Their input contributes to the transformation of our clients’ business and the introduction of effective and innovative change solutions.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 146108