Onboarding HR Project Manager
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- £300.00 - £350.00 per day
- Recruitment & Resourcing
- Job Level
- Pharma / Scientific
- Contract type
Project Manager, On-boarding, Global On-boarding policy framework, Contract, Internal, Stakeholder, Prince 2
I am currently recruiting for a 6 month contract role in Cambridge - situated in walking distance from the train station and offering an "Employer of choice" on your cv.
6 months contract
£300-£350 per day
Your new company
A highly regarded and esteemed "employer of choice" in the Cambridge market. A fast paced and changing industry.
This hybrid role is seeking an experienced project manager in the field of HR and On-boarding - you will be a specialist in this area, used to taking ideas from a client and stakeholder management groups and formulating a timeline which can be subject to change in a matrix complex organisation.
Your new role
A Project Manager leads projects from initiation to implementation within agreed constraints of time, budget and quality. For this role and working closely with the Project lead; the person will be accountable for scope, design and implementation of a Global On-boarding Policy, standard, framework and toolkit, including technology implementation and supporting global process design.
The Project Manager will deliver and maintain the project planning, tracking, milestones and status updates of the project.
They will manage country stakeholders and log their feedback / input.
They will also be responsible for supporting governance design and implementation of the programme once scoped and designed. A key part of this role is providing regular updates to the project, stakeholders and managing risk mitigation, ensuring that on launch, stakeholders are bought in.
Responsibilities also include change impact and readiness.
- Accountable for the delivery of project/programme on time and on budget
- Developing updates/presentations for HRLT / Steering groups / stakeholder groups
- Conducting AS IS research and internal reviews garnering input from the various countries
- Agree project plans including activities, resources, costs, roles, responsibilities and quality assurance.
- Follows project methodology and creates associated documentations with Project lead: eg Project charters, PIDs, project management framework, project plans, risk and mitigation plans etc
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope to ensure timely completion of project and meeting deadlines of project and effectively applies project standards
- Multiple stakeholder contact & comms across; HR services, local Talent Acquisition (large and small markets), IT, finance and other SMEs
- Manages relationships with key business stakeholders to ensure business requirements are effectively captured and committed to project objectives
- Ensures that impact and changes resulting from projects/programmes are effectively communicated to the business Working closely with change manager and comms manager
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Resolves quality and compliance risks and issues, and when appropriate, escalate to Head of Employer Branding
- Manages stakeholder groups needs
What you'll need to succeed
- Business degree or equivalent
- Experience of managing complex projects/programmes or in a similar role from creation stage.
- Outstanding organisational, documentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working with third party suppliers
- Excellent stakeholder influencing and management skills - ability to work globally
- Experience of working application of policies, procedures and guidelines
- Solid understanding of change impacts, implementation and launch of programmes
- Must have an attitude to get "stuck in" and have strong influencing and organisational skills to manage the project.
- Professional Qualifications
- Experience of working in a global organisation with complex/geographical context
- Experience of managing ambiguity whilst navigating through it
- Ideally have implemented an on-boarding programme previously or had experience of implementing projects in recruitment/HR
- How do you deal with agility, ambiguity and non-structured processes?
What you'll get in return
You will be working with a highly regarded employer of choice in the Cambridge area with scope to develop a role and potentially have an extension to your contract or alternative roles available to apply for.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain a 6 month contract to make a difference within an reputable organisation in Cambridge.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.