HR Manager - 12 Month Fixed Term contract
- Oakleaf Partnership
- City of London, London
- HR Business Partner
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Contract type
A global Law firm are currently looking to hire a HR Manager for a 12 month maternity cover contract.
The focus of the role is twofold; working closely with the Corporate group managers to support the practice in achieving its strategic goals and objectives on a regional basis; with responsibility as the HR lead for the coordination of various regional processes and strategic projects working with the Senior HR Manager and London Corporate lead supporting the Corporate Practice Group Leader in delivery.
The regional focus involves providing day to day HR support and advice relating to fee-earners as well as supporting the Senior HR Manager in HR projects and process improvement relating mainly to London but also, from time to time, across the global firm.
- Working closely with the Business Leaders in achieving their strategic objectives and delivering operational targets;
- Raising the profile and extending the credibility of the HR Business Partner service;
- Develop an understanding of the business environment within which the Practice streams operate in order to provide appropriate advice and align people strategy with business strategy;
- Provide professional support and advice to the Practice streams in London on strategic and operational matters such as change management, employee relations, performance management, talent management, salary and bonus reviews, international secondments, and interpreting policy;
- Advise partners on employee relations issues ensuring that employees are treated fairly and consistently and that the firm is not exposed to financial/legal liabilities;
- Manage a senior HR adviser;
- Providing a high quality and responsive internal client service to the Group Managers and fee earners;
- In conjunction with other managers, participate in projects on behalf of the London office and the international firm, for example, to anticipate changes in employment legislation and HR practice in order to continue to develop as an "employer of choice";
- Developing actions plans for the practice, incorporating strands of diversity, engagement, exit interview feedback etc;
- Assist with capacity management, resource planning and ensuring that professional recruitment policies and practices are used effectively;
- Participating in and facilitating lawyer development programmes as required; and
- Special projects as required
The job holder will have a high level of energy, drive and commerciality combined with the presence and credibility to deal with a discerning audience. He/she will demonstrate a collaborative style, and will work as an effective team member who is able to build a network of relationships internally and externally in a multi-cultural environment. A graduate with several years' HR experience, including demonstrated ER experience, gained in a service or knowledge orientated environment, the job holder will also have experience of managing people. Professional Services/Partnership experience would be ideal.