Employee Relations Manager
- Oakleaf Partnership
- City of London, London
- £55000 - £65000 per annum
- Employee Relations
- Job Level
- Contract type
A global Professional Services firm are looking to hire an an Employee Relations Manager on a permanent basis to provide commercial and pragmatic ER advice to managers and partners. This comprises of commercially focused people solutions that take into account the firm's strategy, policies/procedures, employment legislation, values and HR best practice.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with managers/ partners as a main point of contact for ER issues by building strong, credible and visible relationships across the business to be viewed as a trusted advisor.
- Provide pragmatic case management support and advice on all employee relations issues, including; performance development, disciplinary, grievances, absence management, early conciliation, restructures, TUPE and other ad hoc ER issues (exam failure, flexible working, working time regulations)
- Coach and support managers to manage arising ER issues within their teams.
- Support the development of the wider HR team to expand their ER knowledge when managing employee queries / policy advice etc.
- Strong understanding of how ER matters impact commercial operations and vice versa
- Support development of 2 ER Officers through line management responsibilities
- Leverage data and analytics produced by the ER team, to identify strategic and commercial trends which influence future activity and make recommendations
- Deputise for the Senior ER Manager when required to manage leadership team matters
- Be an advocate the firm's culture and values and actively demonstrate holding others to account to do the same
- Significant Employee Relations experience (Subject Matter Expert.
- Ideally, experience within Retail, FMCG, Hospitality etc.
- Gravitas to influence senior stakeholders across the firm, together with strong communication and influencing skills
- Previous line management experience
- Demonstrated resilience when managing challenging and sensitive situations
- Proven experience of drafting and negotiating complex settlement agreements and litigation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills