HR and Payroll Assistant
- Morson International
- Runcorn, Cheshire
- HR Operations
- Job Level
- Adviser / Executive / Officer
- Engineering / Manufacturing
- Contract type
I am recruiting for a HR Assistant to provide a first-class administrative support service to day-to-day activities of the Human Resources function. This is a true generalist HR role, covering the whole HR life cycle including recruitment, contracting, induction, training and payroll.
The purpose of the role is to support the HR Business Partner in all areas of the business, ensuring the delivery of an effective and efficient HR service to all internal and external customers.
Whilst Payroll is run within the central HR team the job holder needs to ensure that pay data is correctly interpreted and processed. Therefore the payroll processes that the job holder manages need to ensure that all pay data passed through to the Payroll team is clearly understood, accurate and processed on time.
The job holder will be the focal point in the company for all pay related queries
Duties and responsibilties;
* Provide advice, information and guidance to Line Managers on policies and procedures, and employment matters including disciplinary, grievance, absence management, performance and redundancy.
* Provide an efficient HR administrative service and complete HR tasks for employees to meet departmental requirements.
* Provide accurate payroll information for the central team, in accordance with their internal deadlines.
* Manage all payroll processes to ensure employees are paid correctly, on time and in accordance with company policies. Identify and implement improvements to maximise efficiency and minimise potential for error.
* Complete payroll administration; including calulations for overtime, part time working,
* Support Line Managers in the recruitment and selection process, including compilation of job descriptions and person specifications.
* Co-ordination of recruitment activity including agency management, development of job advertisements, interviews scheduling, and candidate response.
* Administering the company new starter and leaver processes, including producing contracts of employment, ensuring that the correct paperwork is provided and received, conducting right to work checks and obtaining references .
* Administer the attendance management process, identifying areas of concern, and supporting Line Managers in addressing issues with employees.
* Liaise with Occupational Health in order to support Line Managers with absence issues/levels.
* Ensure a generic HR induction is provided to all new employees to the Company.
Skills and Experience required;
* Significant administration experience within an HR environment
* Confident in dealing with colleagues in all areas of the company, at various levels
* Experience of Payroll administration
* Good organisational skills and an ability to prioritise a diverse workload
* Proven ability to work proactively as part of a team
* Desirable; experience of working in a manufacturing environment