Interim Senior HR Business Partner (12 Month FTC Maternity Cover)
- The FA
- Wembley Stadium, North West London
- Competitive Salary
- HR Business Partner, HR Generalist, HR Manager
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Contract type
- Permanent, Contract, Interim
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
This is an exciting interim role and a fabulous opportunity for the right individual – it may even tempt you to leave a permanent role for the experience. You will certainly be able to make your mark from day one.
This is a great time to join the FA and in order to succeed, you must demonstrate you can drive and support transformational change both in the business and within HR. The culture of the organisation is fast and dynamic and at the same time, collaborative and entrepreneurial.
Reporting to the HR Director, this role will support the next phase of organisational growth. As well as thought leadership and strategic thinking, this person will be expected to fully engage in the operational aspects of HR as required. Managing and driving change will be at the core of the person’s remit and a commercial mind-set and a ‘can-do’ attitude will be essential.
Our client is looking for someone to lead the way and have the confidence and experience to articulate ‘how’ things should be done. It will be necessary to bring innovation, creativity and a passion for customer and employee engagement alike. Resourcefulness will be a part of the successful person’s DNA.
Ideally this individual will bring knowledge and practice from world class organisations and be able to apply this in the appropriate context. We are looking for someone to be:
• A change agent with strong OD experience as part of a fully operational role. Able to help a business to shape organisation plans, based on people being the product.
• Capable of developing and embedding the HR agenda across the organisation, so enabling it to become an even more respected employer.
• Experienced at developing and implementing innovative people practices which support a highly diverse workforce. Experience and interest in the Inclusion and Diversity agenda would be useful as would Remco Board preparation.
• Highly capable of managing the day job independently and also a great and inspiring project leader.
• Possessed of robust and contemporary understanding of how to create and sustain an awesome employee relations climate.
• An experienced coach at Senior Director level and able to demonstrate, with examples, incidences of having pushed the boundaries with senior teams.
• Expertise at mentoring and coaching HR teams will be seen as a critical part of the journey.
• Strategic but ‘hands on’ too and with a real attention for getting the detail right.
• Comfortable working without close supervision but with the emotional intelligence and humility to know when to ask for guidance.
• Intuitive, incisive and able to navigate sensitively around issues.
• A graduate and CIPD qualified.
In the first instance, please apply here on Changeboard - please make sure you include your current basic salary & benefits details with your CV & cover letter.
Your application will be managed by our retained consultants
Decisions For Growth – HR Executive Search Specialists.
Contact: Gweneth Rushton