• NPL is the UK’s National Measurement Institute providing the measurement expertise that underpins UK prosperity and quality of life. NPL is a world-leading research facility, bringing together scientists and engineers from almost every field to help save lives, protect the environment and enable citizens to feel safe and secure as well as support global trade and innovation.
• NPL has a regional footprint with hubs around the UK, plans for international growth and a state-of-the-art purpose built laboratory in Teddington.
• In line with significant organisational growth and transformation plans, NPL has a clear vision – to be an exemplary National Laboratory that undertakes excellent science and engineering and uses this to deliver extraordinary impact for the UK.
• Exciting platform for a commercial Reward specialist to establish themselves as the No.1 subject matter expert - developing and implementing a robust and business focussed Reward and Benefits offering.
• Leadership of small team responsible for Reward, Benefits and Payroll, as well as a key member of the HR leadership team.
• Full scope to apply both breadth and depth of professional Reward knowledge with the potential to gain early and sustained credibility across the organisation.
• Consultant to HR and business leaders to deliver senior level role evaluations and compensation, robust Reward practices, salary implementation/benchmarking and benefits administration.
• Review and evaluation of both Reward and Benefits trends in the UK, and existing practices and processes in the organisation. This focus will drive forward process improvements.
• Close partnership with HR Director/ Head of HR in developing innovative Reward and Compensation/Benefits strategy and supporting the Remuneration Committee. Provision of accurate reporting, metrics and analysis.
• Liaison with the recognised union, and management of external providers with regards to contract renewal and tendering processes.
• Graduate and subject matter expert within Reward, Compensation and Benefits – experience gained within intellectually demanding and high change environments. Exposure to unionised environments would be desirable.
• Knowledge and experience in all Reward and Compensation practices (job evaluation, pay negotiations and pay structure creation, survey methodologies, relocation policy, pensions, flexible benefits, Total Reward etc). Experience of supporting new ERP platforms from a Reward perspective.
• Employee Relations knowledge an advantage.
• Strong analytical and statistical skills with excellent numerical aptitude.
• Robust communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Inspiring, dynamic and charismatic personality - able to forge relationships, truly understand business drivers and implement new initiatives, ways of working and modern thinking.
• Detail focussed, creative thinker, tenacious and practical. Able to simplify complexity.
In the first instance, please apply here on Changeboard - please make sure you include your current basic salary & benefits details with your CV & cover letter.
Ref: Reward 2167
Decisions for Growth - HR Executive Search Specialists.
Contact Jayne Parkin Tel: 07720 722812.