Global Mobility Business Partner, ICS, HR - Manager, 9 months FTC/SEC
This is a fantastic chance to develop further your Global Mobility knowledge within an established in house team for a 9 month period.
The role has arisen from a change of responsibilities within the current Global Mobility team for a 9 months fixed term contract or internal secondment. It will be to support two service lines with their Global Mobility strategic needs and priorities but also to be assigned to run various Global Mobility projects. These projects are part of a prioritisation of tasks within GM and HR required to maximise future operational effectiveness.
The Global Mobility team is an Internal Client Service function that is responsible for the management and co-ordination of all assignment activities for the UK firm. You would become part of a team, currently of 15 people in Milton Keynes and 2 in London, reporting to the Head of Global Mobility.
This role will require you to gain an understanding of how to align GM with Deloitte’s talent and business objectives to achieve our strategic goals. It also involves;
- Provision of planning support for individual cases, working with the GM Advisors for appropriate hand-offs.
- Working with resourcing to identify vacancies suitable for mobility candidates and encourage the proper use of mobility as an international resourcing tool.
- Collaborating with the wider Mobility team to share best practice and knowledge.
- Liaising with member firm mobility, recruitment and business contacts to identify outbound mobility opportunities and understand the internal and external dynamics facing each MF. Likewise, share UK firm mobility news with member firms where relevant. Keep the business abreast of opportunities and challenges in other MF’s
- Taking guidance from the Head of GM and other GM Managers in running individual projects assigned in order to assist the wider GM Management team
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
The role is based in London with travel to Milton Keynes a minimum of 1 day per week and dependent on the projects undertaken could be more. The team also have the opportunity to have 1 day per week working from home. The role could be undertaken on a full time or part time basis. This is a fixed term role of 9 months, either a fixed term contract or internal secondment from another area of the UK Firm.
Your professional experience
The successful candidate will:
- Have a detailed understanding of the overall mobility agenda for the firm and advocate the role of mobility to the business
- Be up to date on GM trends and industry best practice
- Bring that detailed understanding into the role, the agenda and the relationships that are established
- Be credible and impactful when dealing with the firm’s most senior people;
- Be proactive to drive improvements and continuous change within the business in terms of the use of global mobility
- Develop relationships to truly act as a partner to the business on a range of mobility issues
In addition they will have:-
- Able to work independently, prioritising time and managing deadlines are part of a wider project based approach to tasks allocated
- Experience working within a professional services organisation is desirable;
- Strong advisory and consulting skills, ability to be flexible and provide solutions to a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent and confident communication and interpersonal skills; able to deal with senior partners and stakeholders effectively and establish rapport with people at all levels
- Commercial skills and the ability to provide a pragmatic approach to meet the needs of the business, as well as having an awareness of risk;
- Strong organisational skills to drive and promote global mobility within a large organization
- Ability to manage a variety of stakeholders with differing requirements
Your service line
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. . Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Familiesand to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 149674