Respect and Inclusion Manager, Financial Advisory - 9-12 month SEC/FTC, Part time
The Financial Advisory (“FA”) Executive are committed to driving forward a comprehensive Respect & Inclusion (“R&I”) agenda across all areas of Financial Advisory, as part of the broader firm-wide Culture & Inclusion (“C&I”) programme.
As a Deloitte UK service line, FA has the broadest and most comprehensive programme of R&I activities. To emphasise the FA Executive’s commitment to making demonstrable progress in this critical space, the R&I programme is driven on a day-to-day basis by a dedicated Respect and Inclusion Manager on a 50%-60% time commitment basis. There is also a nominated senior FA R&I Sponsoring Partner, in addition to support provided by the service line HRD, Talent Partners and HRBPs.
Within the Deloitte Financial Advisory National Team the post will focus on leading and running the ongoing development and day-to-day delivery of this Respect and Inclusion (“R&I”) strategy and programme within Financial Advisory.
The role involves extensive liaison with the FA Executive, the firm-wide Talent and Culture & Inclusion teams, the FA Recruitment and Learning Teams, as well as regular meetings with the FA Talent Partners/HRD and the FA R&I Sponsoring Partner.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading on the ongoing development of the FA Respect and Inclusion Strategy and Vision in collaboration with the FA Executive, the FA Talent Partners, the firm-wide Talent Team and the FA Recruitment and Learning Teams.
- Some elements of the programme – such as “Women in Leadership” (“WiL”) - are established and in their third year of running, with a consequent focus on “manage/maintain/improve”.
- Other elements are being piloted, or are still in development, requiring a consequent different focus.
- Leading on the development of “Women in Leadership Plus”, an enhanced career development pathway programme aimed at female Directors with Financial Advisory
- Managing future “Not in Your Own Image” and “Women in Leadership” Sponsorship Programmes, reviewing feedback from current programmes to make relevant design enhancements as appropriate
- Building a deep knowledge of, and strong relationships with, Partners across FA and the wider Deloitte business, who can act as key advocates and supporters of the programmes offered within Financial Advisory
- Identifying and working with appropriate subject matter experts (both internal and external) and manage the R&I relationship with such individuals
- Contributing to specific talent projects (recent examples include the roll out of R&I Workshops to all grades within FA, scoping and designing online materials, designing a video to present our FA R&I programme and progress at the FA Partner Conference, etc.)
- Creating insights for each of the Business Unit leadership teams by analysing data on gender/BAME and collaborate with the business unit leaders in creating action plans based on these insights
- Project managing all of the R&I workstreams being led by FA and also those firm-wide initiatives being supported by FA
- Delivering presentations and facilitating working sessions with the business around a range of R&I topics
- Chairing the Not in Your Own Image Steering Group and collaborate closely with the Women in FA working Group
- Managing the R&I budget liaising with the FA Learning Team to ensure courses are run and are filled to capacity
- Regularly updating FA Exec, Talent Partners, HRD and other stakeholders, both in person and through preparing reports that may draw upon Talent/D&I/R&I data sources from across the Firm
- Incorporating Respect and Inclusion into broader talent initiatives for example Deloitte Leader, Performance Management, etc
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: UK - National
Suggested work pattern: Fixed-term part-time 50% - 60% presence with an opportunity for some home working
Your professional experience
Key attributes of the candidate:
- Motivated, self-starter
- Creative thinker, with ability to identify new opportunities and to think strategically
- Enthusiastic and passionate about creating a Respectful and Inclusive Culture
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Strong project management and organisation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Report / presentation writing skills, ability to impart key messages succinctly
- Analytical skills, to distil key messages from data sources
- Upward-delegation skills to effectively engage and leverage the FA R&I Sponsoring Partner, FA Talent partners, etc.
- Ability to influence people to think differently
- Work to the highest quality standards and attention to detail
- Discretion, tact and diplomacy in dealing with people at all levels
- Experience of facilitating and presenting
- IT skills (MS Office, intelligent use of Internet/e-mail, databases).
Key transferable skills:
- Understanding of FA priorities and strategic direction of the NWE Firm
- Deep understanding of Diversity and Inclusion best practices
- Growing and developing networks across the UK firm
Your service line
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 148412