EMEA FA Learning Leader, Financial Advisory - 9-12 month FTC, part time, National Opportunity
Within the Deloitte Financial Advisory Learning Team for the EMEA region (Europe, Middle East, Africa) the post-holder will focus on leading the EMEA Financial Advisory (FA) Learning Team. You will be the key contact for the Global Financial Advisory Learning Lead, Catherine Jones.
The job involves extensive liaison with DTTL Legal and Finance, External Suppliers, Learning Partners and Managers, facilitators and participants throughout the EMEA region, as well as regular interaction with the EMEA FA Learning Board.
Responsibilities will include:
• Lead on the ongoing development of the EMEA FA Learning Team Strategy and Vision in collaboration with the EMEA FA Learning team, the EMEA FA Learning Board and the Global FA Learning Leader
• Work with EMEA FA Learning Board, EMEA member firms and the existing GFA/EMEA learning team to continuously review and identify the technical, professional and leadership learning needs of practitioners.
• Oversee the material review process to ensure materials are designed to fulfil appropriate learning and business related objectives and in accordance with global learning standards and adult learning principles.
• Identify and work with appropriate subject matter experts (both internal and external) and manage relationship with such individuals to ensure timely creation of appropriate learning solutions.
• Develop business and learning objectives and course materials as appropriate.
• Build a working knowledge of the end to end process of programme delivery from budget, to design of invitations, joining instructions, use of Regonline, communications and invoicing
• Raise invoices for EMEA FA Learning Courses and monitor the financial position of the programme ensuring the future viability and growth of the curriculum
• Maintain strong supplier and stakeholder relations with the US legal and DTTL Events & Meeting Teams, Deloitte University EMEA and external suppliers including such as Grassroots, Cvent and Regonline
• Facilitate on EMEA FA Learning courses where skills allow
• Manage the pool of facilitators for the whole region, delivering feedback to individuals where necessary
• Regularly meet and report to the EMEA FA Board of Partners
• Support the ongoing growth and development
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: UK – London. Other locations within the EMEA region will also be considered. You must also be able to travel as needs dictate
Suggested work pattern: Fixed-term part-time, 50% to 60% presence with an opportunity for some home working
Your professional experience
Key attributes of the candidate:
• Enthusiasm and willingness to learn about all aspects of the Global FA Practice.
• Ability to work in a team and independently and energy and drive to keep the team motivated
• Ability to identify new opportunities and to think strategically
• Strong organisation, written and planning skills
• Strong communication skills
• Work to the highest quality standards and attention to detail
• Discretion, tact and diplomacy in dealing with people at all levels
• Team management experience
• Experience of facilitating
• Ability to assist with course rewrites and design
• IT skills (MS Office, intelligent use of Internet/e-mail, databases).
• Comfortable with financial aspects (Venue proposals, billing, budgets, SAP)
• Excellent communication skills (including telephone skills). Customer care skills, ability to build rapport with internal clients at all levels.
Key transferable skills:
• Understanding of the Global FA priorities and strategic direction of the Global Firm
• Deep understanding of best practice across Global FA
• Growing and developing networks across the Global firm
Your service line
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 148408