MI, HR Management Information Consultant – 12 month FTC
We are seeking to recruit an HR MI Consultant to work as part of the Reward and MI team within Human Resources, part of Internal Client Services (ICS) supporting the business. The team is responsible for delivering key management information on all people issues to the Executive, Talent Executive and HR partner and the Service lines, and responsible for the delivery of the tools which support the delivery of the reward review processes, which is vital to run a successful people based business.
The individual will work as part of the well-established HR MI team with opportunities to engage with senior staff across all functions of Deloitte. We are looking for someone with drive and a strong work ethic who can adapt and shape their role and refine existing processes.
The successful candidate will be able to:
• Proactively look for solutions to the business by helping to deliver analysis, interpretation and insight of the MI (including Reward MI) to support decision making
• Problem solve complex HR data issues and queries
• Triage customer request to provide insightful management information and reporting
• Contribute to various projects and take responsibility for any activities through the provision and analysis of other HR management information and/or development of specific tools.
• Develop, improve and manage tools and processes to deliver the firm’s annual pay reviews, including cost models and reward review spreadsheets
• Build relationships by developing and understanding the MI requirements within the business and the tools required to manage processes
• Create and provide timely and accurate monthly MI for specific areas within the business and supporting specific business areas through the annual pay review
• Develop processes for creating and sharing MI
• Improve Microsoft Access/Excel systems to support the business
• Administer and coordinate the teams monthly and quarterly reports so that they are sent within required deadlines
• To contribute to various projects and take responsibility for any activities through the provision and analysis of other HR management information and/or development of specific tools.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
• Responding to client (HR and Business) internal queries in relation to management information
• Process improvement on existing end to end reporting
• Team CRM system, regular reporting and updates
• Co-ordination of UAT testing of any new systems and development of new reporting
• Data consolidation and analysis
• Regular dashboard data uploads and data validation
The right candidate will require:
• Strong analytical and interpretation skills
• Solid client relationship development skills
• Capability to prioritise and organise work effectively and meet deadlines
• Ability to use initiative and to work effectively under pressure.
• Good verbal and written skills
• Strong relational database knowledge
• Business Objects
Creation of custom variables
• Excel – advanced knowledge
Index and matching
Visual Basic, be able to modify visual basic macros, make message boxes, input boxes and variables, know how to run loops, “Do Until” etc.
Must know how to construct and modify queries
Link tables within queries and set parameters
Simple SQL formulas within queries
Ability to change macros into VBA and modify with variables
Good understanding of how forms work and how to link them to queries.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Team is based in Milton Keynes but this role could be based in any another Deloitte UK office.
This is a 12 month FTC. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients.
Your professional experience
- Experience of Data Management
- Strong ownership and prioritisation of responsibilities
- Strong team player
- Flexible, adaptable and forward thinking
- Very capable working, analysing and reporting in Excel
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Adept at supporting development of presentations and documents in PowerPoint and Word
Your service line
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 148665