Skip to main content
Back to results
This job has expired
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Service Line Information
We believe working in our People community is an exciting and challenging environment in which to develop your career. We offer a wide range of opportunities across all areas of HR, where our people are highly respected by our clients, not only in the UK, but also across our growing European integrated practice.
Service Line Group
The purpose of the Inclusion and Diversity (I&D) Manager role is to support the evolution and continuous improvement of the UK’s I&D Strategy in line with the firm’s Vision and Values and underpinning the three key pillars of the I&D strategy:
1) Visible leadership;
2) Sharing and leveraging best practice
3) Commitment to action and accountability
The incumbent of the role will be responsible for:
- Bringing proven I&D subject matter expertise to the firm enabling us to implement and deliver our I&D strategy
- Overseeing and implementing the actions arising from I & D maturity audits for key people processes (Learning, Reward, Experienced Hire and Student Recruitment, Brand & Attraction; Talent; Performance Development, Retention). This involves working closely with People Function Centres Of Excellence leads to identify the key focuses in terms of I & D interventions
- Collaborating closely with the Learning function to support the design and delivery of key diversity training and ensuring that I & D is embedded in our learning offerings to support the ‘Develop’ pillar of the People Strategy
- Working with reporting teams to ensure that meaningful MI is extracted and presented to inform key stakeholders and drive change (e.g. People Survey Data Analysis; Capability and Coverage Group Data Analysis)
- Partnering with a number of key internal clients, providing subject matter expertise and advice to develop Diversity Action Plans to hold the business accountable for driving change across recruitment, retention, development and progression
- Re-invigorating and refreshing the Inclusive Leadership Partners programme
- Leading the I & D initiatives communication strategy internally and externally
- Overseeing our approach to our Employee Network governance and management, ensuring alignment with their activity and the broader I & D strategy
- Adding value by contributing to ensuring that all elements of the strategy are coherent
- Liaising with the Global I & D team on initiatives, events and projects and delivering subsequent outputs
- Keeping abreast of external I & D initiatives, reading and researching best practices and putting forward proposals for review
- Providing thought leadership and guidance on best practice to support strategic thinking and commercial success particularly in relation to people processes
- Where required, support the I & D lead in partnering with external client facing staff who are seeking an I&D input into client work / matters
- Demonstrable experience of working with others in a large, matrixed organisation structure to successfully design and implement projects and programmes that will bring about behavioural change
- Experience of implementing I&D initiatives within a commercial environment and managing multiple stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Assertive, self-starter with the ability to work efficiently and respond quickly to issues raised or work required
- Good technical knowledge of methods and models of culture and behavioural change, combined with experience of their practical application - Good understanding and experience of the need to evidence delivery and results - confident in gathering and analysing quantitative and qualitative data and communicating conclusions in clear and compelling way
- Excellent project management skills, and ability to manage multiple projects/streams of activity
- A confident and persuasive communicator (verbal and written), with the ability to adapt the style of communication as appropriate to the audience
- Evidence of working effectively under pressure, managing multiple priorities, providing senior level support and guidance
- An effective and innovative facilitator and advisor on I & D aspects of learning and talent projects
- Resilient and able to challenge and persuade senior stakeholders in the face of resistance
- Comfortable working within a rapidly changing environment and dealing positively with ambiguity
- Excellent team-working skills with a proactive, enthusiastic and “hands-on” approach
- Experience of working with information of a sensitive or confidential nature
- Demonstrable prior I & D subject matter expertise is a requirement for the post
Recognising and Motivating you
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy
UK & Eire,
C&C Group Plc
House of Commons
The Open University