Skip to main content
Back to results
This job has expired
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
Service Line Information
We believe working in our People community is an exciting and challenging environment in which to develop your career. We offer a wide range of opportunities across all areas of HR, where our people are highly respected by our clients, not only in the UK, but also across our growing European integrated practice.
Service Line Group
The Senior Hires Recruitment Lead is responsible for leading and delivering the Firm’s Senior Hires recruitment strategy, consistent with the Firm's vision, culture and strategy, ensuring that KPMG is a “magnet for talent”. Key to this is the end-to-end recruitment of a portfolio of Partner & Director roles nationally enabling the Firm to attract the best talent in the market. The role has a significant external focus, acting as an ambassador for the Firm with the external market, external search firms and the high performing business originators and leaders the Firm wishes to attract, working in partnership with KPMG leadership in the identification and engagement of these individuals.
We have two opportunities in our Senior Hires team and are looking for specialists to support one of the following Capability Groups:
• Tax, Pensions & Legal
• Deal Advisory
Key deliverables of the role include:
• Taking responsibility for the senior hires recruitment strategy across a specific Capability Group.
• Developing market expertise and becoming a trusted advisor and business partner to the Capability Group leadership, working at their right hand when recruiting senior hires, acting as an advisor and sounding-board with regard to recruitment best practice, best market approach and candidate assessment;
• Acting as the Firm's external talent ambassador at a senior level in the market; being 'present' and known in the market externally to candidates, search firm partners and our competitors;
• Improving the quality, longevity and diversity of hires through the application of a business driven talent pooling process, which is pro-active rather than re-active and focused on the targeting and attraction of the highest calibre candidates combined with quality due diligence;
• Negotiating remuneration deals beneficial to the Firm, whilst being cognisant of market realities and candidate expectations;
• Delivering improved cost-effectiveness of senior hiring efforts through ensuring ROI in use of external search firms and direct sourcing through your own networks, KPMG networks and alumni;
• Establishing, building, maintaining and recognising the value of the Firm’s relationships with external stakeholders – search firms, researchers, diversity experts, occupational psychologists - ensuring the effective and cohesive management of those relationships and developing them for the long term, in terms of service levels, financials and value add;
• Ensuring all our external engagements with the market, both our advisors and candidates, are properly managed, on message, co-ordinated and both protect and enhance KPMG’s reputation;
• Ensuring effective early integration of new Directors in conjunction with HRBPs and L&D;
• Working seamlessly with colleagues in Experienced Hire, Resourcing, HR and Partner Matters to ensure all recruitment activity is well informed and the business receives a streamlined service at all times.
• Tertiary level education;
• A wealth of experience in recruitment, preferably in the Tax and/or Legal market for the Tax, Pensions & Legal role and M&A / Corporate Finance market for the Deal Advisory role,
• A wealth of either in-house or agency/search firm, with a focus on senior candidates and retained search & selection;
• Understanding of the partnership environment;
• Significant experience with candidate selection and interviewing; the ability to identify talent and potential as well as areas for further exploration with a candidate;
• Ability to plan, organise, manage and deliver projects in a timely manner with regular review in line with changing needs and demands of the business;
• Superior stakeholder management skills; highly persuasive with proven ability to influence stakeholders and the ability to balance the needs of varying stakeholders within a partnership environment;
• Demonstrates broad business thinking and sound commercial judgement to add value for internal clients;
• The ability to multi-task and prioritise and to work under pressure to tight deadlines without supervision;
• Highly developed verbal and written communication skills which demonstrate personal presence and earn trust and respect;
• Strong negotiation skills;
• Upholds professional standards and displays integrity in behaviour and in dealings with others;
• Confidence to make decisions and take accountability for actions;
• Takes a broad interest in the success and development of the Firm as a whole;
• High degree of resilience and comfort with ambiguity;
• Handles complex and difficult situations with thought and confidence.
Recognising and Motivating you
At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities – you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients and our communities.
We’re at our best when you’re at your best; that’s why we’ve created ‘Our Deal’ and ‘The Academy’. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through ‘The Academy’, you’ll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
Applying with a disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy
UK & Eire,
Recruitment & Resourcing,
C&C Group Plc
House of Commons
The Open University