Skip to main content
Back to results
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Service Line Information
We believe working in our People community is an exciting and challenging environment in which to develop your career. We offer a wide range of opportunities across all areas of HR, where our people are highly respected by our clients, not only in the UK, but also across our growing European integrated practice.
Service Line Group
Role: Training Operations Course Co-ordinator
Team: Training Operations
Reporting to: Assistant HR Manager
Contract length: 8 month FTC
Role and person overview
Working within the Training Operations team, you will be proactive in taking responsibility for identifying issues, proposing solutions and initiating improvements across the training agenda. You will be expected to manage multiple tasks/priorities in accordance to tight and challenging timescales. This role requires someone with excellent communication and influencing skills.
You will be asked to liaise with the L&D teams regarding specific training requirements for staff. It is therefore important that the Co-ordinator is able to build strong stakeholder relationships and provide ad hoc administration support as required. As a member of the Training Operations team, you are expected to demonstrate the Firm’s values at all times. As a Course Co-ordinator you will be encouraged to use your initiative when facing complications, drive solutions and support the improvement of efficiencies to achieve key deliverables.
Role and Responsibilities
• Ensure you are proficient with key processes and approaches, providing guidance as appropriate to relevant parties
• Manage a close liaison with L&D and the course owners to obtain all the necessary course information
• Assist L&D teams with the production of internal course catalogues
• Communicating effectively with presenters and facilitators to ensure the scheduling is correct first time
• You will pro-actively build rapport and key relationships with course owners and suppliers
• Assist in identifying and liaising with venue contacts to secure bookings accordingly
• Manage supplier contracts ensuring they meet with KPMG’s terms and conditions for both National and International courses
• Manage high volumes of work independently, proactively seeking additional help from other team members if required.
• Co-ordinate Internal, External Virtual Classroom and e-Learning type courses – ensure that all the course information relevant to each training is obtained from the Course Director so that the course can be set up effectively on the KPMG Business School and release to the appropriate delegate populations
• Assist with project managing the organisation of major events
• Maintain the training catalogue, ensuring all training data is maintained effectively on the KBS
• Manage the registrations and cancellations – close monitoring of course numbers, advising Course Directors of course registration statuses, and alerting where there are high or low number on individual dates. Ensuring that cancellation policies are applied consistently and that delegate cancellations are followed up where necessary.
• Monitoring of pre and post course work completion – run reports to check on completion rates, alerting Course Directors of any issues.
• Draft professional and articulate communications to delegates, faculty members and suppliers
• Management of the course printing and distribution of materials
• You will need to be capable of running complex reports, liaising with People Technology for support.
• Issue invoices for courses and run reports from HR SAP to check payment recovery
• You will be responsible for ensuring service level agreements are met at all times
• Maintain budgets for courses, tracking costs and review complex finance reports
• Liaise with course owner to establish full requirements of e-Learning / WebEx sessions
• Uploading pre-course training modules to the KPMG Business School, attaching modules to relevant sessions.
• Liaising with WebEx and BT to set up session, and calculating cost estimate
• Monitor completion rates via the necessary reporting systems
• Assisting with issues/queries regarding e-Learning access
• Monitor when it is required to communicate information on new training modules.
• Diary management incl. calendar invites and registering acceptances
• Introducing WebEx sessions and handing over control to faculty
• Invoice course owner
• Liaise with course owners to finalise all course requirements
Contributing to the team and People Function
• You may also be asked to undertake additional HR related responsibilities alongside your normal role.
• Share knowledge and experience proactively across the team and be recognised as a team player;
• Take part in and contribute to functional and KPMG wide projects;
• Take personal responsibility to continuously improve and streamline the quality of your work and own personal development;
• Take personal responsibility to adhere to our ISO standards
• Have the ability to take a logical and systematic approach to issues, thinking outside of the box and weighing up all options available to make an informed decision.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate for this role will have some experience in event and/or Training Operations administration and will be educated to A-level or Degree level. Experience within the L&D activities of a KPMG member firm or another major professional services firm would be desirable.
• Have an ability to build relationships and communicate with people at all levels;
• High levels of resilience, with experience of working in a highly pressurised client centric environment;
• Effectively work with minimal supervision;
• Possess exceptional attention to detail;
• Be an excellent communicator – written and verbal;
• Have strong organisational, literacy and numeracy skills;
• Have a good degree of IT proficiency, including; Microsoft Excel and SAP or equivalent HR system.
Experience and Background
You will be able to demonstrable experience in the key components of the role. This is typically underpinned by relevant experience in a fast moving, responsive customer service or administration based team.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development
Recognising and Motivating you
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy
UK & Eire,
Assistant / Administrator /Co-ordinator,
Training & Development,
Prinovis UK Ltd
The Just Group
Epson Europe BV