HR Business Partner
- Page Group
- £45000 - £55000 per annum
- HR Business Partner, HR Generalist
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Media / Publishing
- Contract type
Work in partnership with business leaders as a real business player, contributing to the development of the business area's entire agenda and strategy, focusing on business imperatives and contributing to the leadership of the business area. The HR Business Partner will be partnering with the technology client group and therefore previous experience doing so is essential
Our client in the media/publishing space is a London based worldwide provider of business information and technology solutions allowing their clients to make informed decision and to achieve better business outcomes. They are a global company in over 180 countries
They are split into two distinct businesses, both globally providing information and analytics for professional and business customers. The information they provide is essential in assisting their customers across all industries and government to predict, assess and manage risk. Using their technology, data and advanced scoring analytics, they provide products and services addressing the evolving client needs in the risk sector whilst upholding the highest standards of security and privacy
This HR Business Partner for this London based media/publishing company will:
- Be an active and influential player enabling the effective analysis of business issues or strategy and goals, transferring these into People Plans with integrated interventions and solutions that deliver against the business imperatives.
- Take a proactive role in development of Business People Strategy, leading the implementation of this as well as other major change programmes in the allocated business areas.
- Ensure HR is thought-partnering as we work with managers to maximise talent and people capabilities, assessing "adequate to the task" and that skills are fit for purpose.
- Drive business leadership teams, through interpretation of the company's people agenda, turning this into real action and plans that are aligned to business goals.
- Support new and existing team members as they take the organisational change journey.
- Work with managers to develop and implement BU Operating Plans and Cost Challenge.
- Provide active leadership in partnering with business leadership teams, on HR issues such as reward, employee relations, talent, performance, organisational development and change, continuous improvement, culture, leadership as well as learning and development.
- Challenge, provoke and coach business leaders on Diversity and Inclusion agenda, employee engagement, performance management, continuous improvement, operational efficiency's and development.
- Ability to initiate, design and effectively execute integrated people solutions that address key business drivers, bringing together resources within the business area, Development and Recruitment, as well as HR operations.
- Anticipate customer needs, deliver solutions to meet current and future commercial priorities.
- Governance and Compliance - take accountability for partnering with business leaders in maintaining and monitoring policies and procedures within allocated business areas, identifying potential breaches and proactively initiating action when applicable.
- Maximising central resources to develop an innovative HR portfolio of policies and procedures, ensuring employee relation issues are dealt with to the highest standard.
- Contributes by delivering the business plan across a function or area of the business, providing strong input into the strategy for own area and influencing business policies and procedures.
- Responsible for profitability and/or control of costs in line with budgets and targets for an area of the business. Proactively contributes thought leadership in an area of technical expertise to help develop the business, define future ways of working and better met customer needs, as well as commercial direction.
- Provides inventive, commercially appropriate and pragmatic solutions to issues faced by senior management, developing action plans for change and ensuring implementation of initiatives through work and efforts of the team(s).
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
The successful HR Business Partner for this media/publishing company based in London will:
- Experience and knowledge of working with HR practice.
- Working knowledge of employment law.
- Experience working within a matrix organisation supporting a technology business unit is essential
- Technical and professional knowledge and skills
- Driving execution
- Building strategic work relationships
- Decision making
- CIPD or equivalent
Salary of £45,000 - £55,000