Skip to main content
Back to results
This job has expired
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Service Line Information
Our Transactions Services group is focused on continually enhancing value for clients across the deal and economic cycle. Our teams comprise of specialists capable of helping clients right through from conceptual thinking of buying a business to turning their business around in times of difficulty.
Service Line Group
KPMG is a market leader in providing Deal Advisory services to clients when they are buying, selling, or transforming businesses. The HR M&A team is a specialist team within Deal Advisory and has been helping clients with their people related issues in M&A for over 12 years. We work at the forefront of transactions, helping both acquirers and vendors on pre- and post-deal people and organisational issues related to M&A.
KPMG research routinely shows that one of the biggest reasons for deals failing is people, our team helps to mitigate this. We deal with all aspects of the employee journey in M&A, from early stage strategy development and organisational design for carve-outs, to synergy cases and cost benefits, employee experience and corporate cultures, developing TUPE transfer processes and Union negotiation strategies. We work together to develop solutions to the issues our clients may face, and understand the financial benefits or risks that may be present from a people perspective
As an area of focus and investment for KPMG there is an opportunity to be part of a fast growing, dynamic and diverse team, made up of employment lawyers, HR professionals, transaction experts.
The Manager role is a key role to the team, leading and delivering projects across our four key client proposition areas:
1) Employee experience
2) Organisational Strategy Development
3) Labour relations and compliance
4) HR operations
The existing members of the team have specialisms in one specific area or work across all areas of the client propositions.
Team members are not expected to be able to have all skill sets.
In this role, you will work on and lead projects, working closely alongside senior members of the team, who will provide guidance and insight into the deal environment, enabling you to build your transactions knowledge and further develop your people, OD, strategy and HR skills base.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading small to medium sized engagements and being the day to day support for clients on these engagements.
- Due Diligence
- Contributing to and reviewing Integration and Separation related deal and transaction reports from a people or strategy perspective.
- Analysing and data mapping to comment on the people elements of the business including cost, numbers, people and legal issues such as TUPE or unions, systems and HR contracts.
- Providing insights on people aspects of the deal that are relevant to the client and readers of the due diligence reports and to be able to explain issues simply, highlighting the impact of people on business strategy, operations and, ultimately, deal valuation.
- Developing an understanding of people benchmarks and qualitative information to provide insights to clients to describe a typical organisational / functional headcount, design and associated cost.
- Contributing content for sections of reports/deliverables.
Integration & Separation
- Advising on people, strategy and organisational design aspects of integration, separation (carve outs) and optimisation initiatives (e.g. synergy analysis) including the development of target operating models, understanding the current people landscape, defining transitional service agreements, developing detailed plans, and supporting the implementation.
- Lead the HR/OD workstream on integrations and separations within a team of Integration & Separation colleagues, working with and supporting the client workstream leads.
- Facilitating and leading key client workshops and meetings, designing and building materials.
- Identifying and/or reviewing of client organisational design and people based synergies.
- Interacting with senior client and internal stakeholders, coaching junior team members.
- Responsibility for ensuring engagement management protocols are followed and kept up to date including quality and risk management.
- Provide support to a number of different aspects such as preparation of proposal materials, development of propositions, development of tools, methodologies and templates.
- A good understanding of or background in HR, OD or Strategy, ideally in a M&A environment.
- Experience of working on M&A projects and understanding of consultation beneficial
- People specialism such as: People strategy, TUPE, HR functions, processes and technology, Union engagement, best practice organisational design, employee engagement, talent analysis, recruitment and retention. (Not all specialisms are required and a deep understanding in one area could be sufficient)
- Bachelor's degree qualification, professional qualification welcome.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including reporting.
- Ability to work well under pressure, successful programme management experience.
- Comfort with ambiguity, fluid consulting situations and a highly pressured environment.
- You will need to be willing to travel.
Recognising and Motivating you
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy
UK & Eire,
Haberdashers' Aske's Elstree Schools
Epson Europe BV