HR Business Partner 'Changing Places. Creating Better Futures'
- St Modwen
- Up to c£50,000 - £55,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus
- HR Business Partner, HR Generalist, HR Manager
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Contract type
• Exciting opportunity to join an evolving HR team
• With the ambition to become a leader in people practices
• Playing a pivotal role in the company-wide growth agenda
• Acting as a valued business partner for the senior leadership teams
About Our Client
Are you looking for your next HR role within a transforming business which is significantly investing in its people agenda where you have a genuine opportunity to influence and shape the People Plan, working with dynamic leadership teams?
Are you an experienced, skilled and ambitious HR professional looking for an opportunity to grow with a business and to be part of an exciting transformation journey?
Then look no further.
St. Modwen is an expert property developer and regeneration specialist that operates across the full spectrum of the property industry from a network of regional offices, a residential business and through joint ventures with public sector and industry leading partners. They have an extraordinary history and a strong track record of delivery, possessing a reputation for looking at things differently, challenging norms and creating opportunities where none existed before.
As such, they have an exceptional pipeline of current and planned projects. St. Modwen's £1.7bn national portfolio of over 100 projects includes: the regeneration of New Covent Garden Market, London; the transformation of Longbridge, Birmingham and the on-going regeneration of over 2,500 acres of former industrial land in South Wales which includes the delivery of the first phase of Swansea University's £450m Bay Campus.
Looking to the future, and led by a recently formed executive team, St. Modwen want to ensure they are of their time and appropriate for the future. The business is embarking on an exciting phase with ambitious growth plans and therefore seek to appoint talented individuals who can embrace and contribute to the new purpose: 'Changing Places. Creating Better Futures', and demonstrate their core values.
St. Modwen want to create "An inspiring place to work, where you can contribute, be recognised, and where you can be yourself and grow". Their aim is become an Employer of Choice and be seen as a leader of good people practices in their sector.
Two key appointments in the new HR structure are the HR Business Partners for:
• St. Modwen Homes, supporting the significant growth of their housebuilding business.
• Regions and Head Office Departments
St. Modwen have a challenging People Strategy and Plan to deliver, which includes achieving IIP Gold status and delivery of a number of People Pledges launched at a recent all company event. Diversity and Inclusion is a core focus throughout to ensure they create a diverse workplace.
As a member of the senior HR and business teams, you will play a pivotal role in working with the business to deliver on these commitments.
Coaching senior leaders, developing and building leadership capability, people management competencies and new ways of working will be key, as will supporting cultural and organisational change initiatives to embed St. Modwen's Purpose and Values.
You will have specific responsibility, working with business leaders, for developing and implementing the business area People Plan (and associated HR solutions) that support the delivery of their business objectives as well as the delivery of the Group People Strategy and People Plan.
You will draw on your HR experience in all areas, be that developing and delivering workforce planning and recruitment practices, performance development, learning and development, talent management, succession planning or complex case work.
Building strong relationships with the business team and in-depth knowledge of the business will be essential in order to provide effective HR support and advice in all areas.
The Successful Applicant will:
• Be an experienced HR Professional with a strong track record of HR Business Partnering at a senior level.
• Have strong HR expertise coupled with commercial acumen giving the credibility to act as a valued member of the leadership team and be viewed as a genuine business partner.
• Have proven HR Generalist skills and knowledge in all areas relating to: Resourcing; Performance Development; Learning and Development (especially building of People Management, leadership capability and team building); Employee Relations; Talent and Succession planning; OD and Change; Diversity and Inclusion.
• Evidence an analytical approach with good problem-solving skills and the ability to use data to determine root cause, identify trends and leverage internal and external insights to improve current and future performance.
• Have proven facilitation skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Be able to multi-task and work under pressure, with well-developed time management skills.
• Evidence excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills; being a skilled influencer with strong customer relationship skills.
• Have sector experience(desirable).
• Empathetic in approach with the ability to collaborate and build relationships with all levels; demonstrates discretion and integrity.
• Courage to challenge operationally and strategically - deliver practical HR solutions aligned to business strategy; decisive.
• Desire for personal development; curious.
• Driven to deliver energetic and highly self-motivated.
• Exhibit business, organisational and contextual savvy; agile and flexible you will be able to work with ambiguity.
• Ability to lead by example and demonstrate the behaviours (and core competencies) that support our values.
Education & Qualifications
• Degree educated or equivalent
• MCIPD Qualified
What's on Offer
Up to c£50,000 - £55,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
Please note that any 3rd party CVs or applications will be forwarded directly to Michael Page.